PDA

View Full Version : CQuartz additional layers

Drewvipers
11-21-2017, 11:29 PM
Can I apply a second and third coat of Cquartz be applied 5 days after first coat?

fdresq4
11-22-2017, 01:17 AM
Which one did you use...Uk, or TiO2?

Taken from TiO2 product page...
5. Additional coats may be applied with 45-60 minutes or wait until the following day if you are beyond 60 minutes. CarPro recommends 2 coats

Also take from product page...
After Tips:

Keep surface dry for at least one hour after application
Wipe any water off the surface during the first 24 hours after application
Avoid washing with soap for the first 5 days

Drewvipers
11-22-2017, 11:56 AM
I used TiO2... I saw that on the website. The question is how can I go about applying the 2nd and 3rd layers after 5 days. Can I just do a cleaning and laying on top?

fdresq4
11-22-2017, 01:06 PM
I would say it depends on the environment your car was in. A wash may be just fine then layer. If your car was in an area that was exposed to fallout, rail yards, industrial area, long travel time, I would wait so you can treat with Iron X to ensure a good clean surface.

TroyScherer
11-22-2017, 01:47 PM
I added additional layers after 2 years. I didn't need to polish and I was adding CQUK over top of the CQ org.

I did a wash, chemical decon, and a full wipe down with Eraser. Then I simply applied the CQUK. Everything worked well and CQUK has been on for over 3 years.

I would guess since it has only been 1 week you could wash and a full wipe down with Eraser then add additional coats.

Drewvipers
11-22-2017, 03:18 PM
That would work. I was just afraid of the new layers not sticking in... thanks for the help guys.