PDA

View Full Version : Just received my UK 3.0 and looking for advice... maybe....

Dabbac
04-06-2018, 04:05 AM
Just received my order of UK 3.0

Perfect timing as I had purchased a car in December an haven’t had time to correct the paint from the dealer....

I’m very curious as to how UK 3.0 will apply/wipe off/look......

The car I bought was decontaminated in December when I picked it up, then I applied 2 coats of Classic (just incase) till I had time to do a full correction. The winter has been shitty up here in New York so I haven’t even put 100 miles on the car.

My plan is to reset wash, correct and coat with UK 3.0 then top it with Gliss.

I am debating on putting one coat of classic ( because I know it works ) then add the UK 3.0 and Gliss

Also Dlux the rims & lights , coat the leather and use the fabric treatment on the rugs

Any thoughts or recommendations ?

See the teaser I just threw together....

https://youtu.be/xR8rUD3DpW4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Guz
04-06-2018, 06:55 AM
First off there is no added benefit to add all these layers. The law of diminishing returns still pertains to coatings as it does a wax or sealant.

This is my recommendation. First polish the paint to get a clean surface to work with. If you have Essence use that as a primer. Depending on whether or not you have a garage, you can have the SiO2 in it cure overnight. If not then by the time you finish polishing the SiO2 will have some time to cure. I would recommend a wipedown with Eraser either way.

Then use CQUK 3.0. There is no mention of CQUK needing more than 1 coat on the directions. If anything 2 coats (45-60 min apart) is enough of CQUK 3.0 followed by a coat of Gliss 4 hours later. No need to use Reload after as Gliss will be doing the work. Save it for maintenance washes or use Ech20. No need to use TiO2 under CQUK 3.0.

Keep it simple is my recommendation.

I typically use the coating I use for paint on the headlights and taillights. CQUK or DLUX works fine for wheels. DLUX for trim works well. Cquartz leather is easy to use as is the fabric protectant.

Manor
04-07-2018, 04:17 PM
First off there is no added benefit to add all these layers. The law of diminishing returns still pertains to coatings as it does a wax or sealant.

This is my recommendation. First polish the paint to get a clean surface to work with. If you have Essence use that as a primer. Depending on whether or not you have a garage, you can have the SiO2 in it cure overnight. If not then by the time you finish polishing the SiO2 will have some time to cure. I would recommend a wipedown with Eraser either way.

Then use CQUK 3.0. There is no mention of CQUK needing more than 1 coat on the directions. If anything 2 coats (45-60 min apart) is enough of CQUK 3.0 followed by a coat of Gliss 4 hours later. No need to use Reload after as Gliss will be doing the work. Save it for maintenance washes or use Ech20. No need to use TiO2 under CQUK 3.0.

Keep it simple is my recommendation.

I typically use the coating I use for paint on the headlights and taillights. CQUK or DLUX works fine for wheels. DLUX for trim works well. Cquartz leather is easy to use as is the fabric protectant.

May I just ask why "a wipedown with Eraser" after using Essence? If it could be used as a primer you shouldn't have to do a wipedown before CQuartz or have I missunderstod this?

Merlin
04-09-2018, 11:03 AM
BTW - Nice Vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR8rUD3DpW4&feature=youtu.be

Dabbac
04-10-2018, 05:41 PM
BTW - Nice Vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR8rUD3DpW4&feature=youtu.be

Thank you, I think i am taking my Uncles CLS63 for a week, after I did his Porsche, he's been hinting at giving me his CLS. I guess the call that he purchased all of the same products used for the 997 again for the CLS was a tell tale. He actually asked for direction on how to do it himself, but i will just take it and do it when i have time. I will probably bypass the classic and UK and use the UK3 on it. I will post that video once complete..