PDA

View Full Version : CarPro CQuartz UK

cartoys
04-13-2018, 03:59 AM
Hello

Just wanted to confirm my step process and make sure it is accurate. I will be having my vehicle Front clip PPF'd as well.

1. Strip wash
2. Iron X
3. Clay Vehicle
4. Paint correction
5. Reload (Can't I just use 50/50 solution with isopropyalchol + Distilled water?)

Now, this part I'm stuck as well. I need to drive my car to the Expel installer. Now what? He told me, they usually clay and wipe vehicle down (my guess 50/50 solution) then lay the ppf.
So, I get them to install it. Then can I go back home and start putting down CQuartz? What are the steps at this point?

Should state this will be a New Vehicle from dealer, non touched. Just off the trailer.

Merlin
04-13-2018, 11:55 AM
Hello Cartoys and welcome to Carproforum.
Please stop by the Say Hi! (https://carproforum.com/forumdisplay.php?4-Say-Hi!) section and introduce yourself.
It's polite etiquette before jumping right in and asking questions.

Do the steps 1-4

1. Strip wash
2. Iron X
3. Clay Vehicle
4. Paint correction
5. Reload (Can't I just use 50/50 solution with isopropyl alcohol + Distilled water?

Step 5.
I would suggest not to use Reload before PPF installation.
I'd go with a IPA wipedown. Reload may affect PPF adhesion.

If you are going to IronX, Clay and polish...don't let them clay.
Let them wipe it down (after your IPA) to prep for PPF installation.
CQuartz can be applied on top of Xpel. I have done it many times.
You may want to ask the PPF installer if he suggest a "wait time".

NOTE: I have never yet seen a "new" vehicle that didn't need polishing.

cartoys
04-14-2018, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the reply

Ok, So after my paint/correction and polish ( gonna use Car pro Essence)then hit it with Carpro reset. Then, drive it to get some PPF. Guess, after he is done take it back home Wash with PH Soap, and I guess another full Reset applicaton then apply the reload? Then apply the CK uk