PDA

View Full Version : new member with a few questions on Finest maintenance

mp51098
06-26-2018, 10:02 PM
hi guys, I am new to the world of ceramic coatings and a bit overwhelmed on not only what I need to do for upkeep, but also scared to do anything wrong and ruin my finish!

I just had my Lambo coated in Cquartz Finest after paint corrections, and then had the entire front half covered in Xpel ppf. I am noticing I get heavy dust sticking to the car (doesn't help that its black!!) and any other car I would use a California duster and then some detail spray to finish up. The shop that did the Cquartz are not very local to me, and don't speak the best English, so I just kinda nodded my head when they explained how to take care of the finish. From what I have read I am thinking I need to rinse the car off (to get the dust off), then apply the reload, and then I can use the ECH2o as a detail spray from now on? FYI, the Finest has been on for approx a month now.

thanks for any and all help, sorry about the newbie questions!

The Guz
06-27-2018, 03:35 PM
Welcome to the forum.

It depends on how dirty the car gets. If it gets dirty a bucket wash is a good way to clean it up. If it is not to dirty you can use a rinseless wash/waterless wash such as EcH20.

EcH20 can be used as a detail spray and works well at 1:20. Can be used during a wash as a drying aid.

Reload is optional. Not necessarily needed. You can also mix a little Reload with EcH20 to make almost like a spray wax.

mp51098
06-27-2018, 05:01 PM
ok, so I dont need to have a coat of the reload on the finish first before I start using the EcH20?

The Guz
06-27-2018, 05:07 PM
No you do not. You can use EcH20 without it just fine.