PDA

View Full Version : Spot fixing

ewilsonjr
06-30-2018, 07:33 PM
Hi all, I am new to the forums, but have been reading threads on here for many months now. I detail on the side. Anyway, I recently decided to tackle the daunting task of coating my wife’s Tahoe. Long story short there is a spot on the lift gate that I thought I had buffed completely. There was a high spot that has dried for the last 48hrs that I buffed off with some chemical guys v38 finishing polish by hand. Came out easily, but you could definitely see the bare spot I polished down. So I cleaned it with some eraser really well and applied the coating again given the humidity and heat here in SW FL right now I let it sit for about 4 mins then leveled and buffed off. It is now sitting for 1 hr before applying the 2nd coat. However I can still blatantly see the outline of the spot I polished down. Will this go away as the new layer of coating cures or do I need to try something else? Thank you for any and all help or info!!

Side question? Can eraser be used on the coating as like a quick Detailer? Or will it ruin it?