PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz leather - new white leather seats in a 570S

mikear93
07-28-2018, 12:02 AM
Hi all...

My client just picked up a new mclaren 570 with white leather seats...

He asked if I have anything to protect from jean dye transfer...I menetikns Cquartz leather!

I was reading on a suppliers site that Cquartz leather cannot be used on white/lift coloured interiors.....is this true??

Not sure what other options I could use...

Thoughts?

The Guz
07-28-2018, 06:15 AM
I ended up using it on my dad's seats that are light grey in color. It has been on for over a year and the seats still look like normal. I read the same thing and I reached out to a professional detailer and he used it on white leather on various cars and never experienced any issues.

It was my understanding that it was the orange applicators that could potentially stain the leather. Since white applicators are now included it is not supposed to be an issue. See post #10 in my review thread.

https://carproforum.com/showthread.php?4464-Review-Cquartz-Leather-Coating&p=18054&viewfull=1#post18054

mikear93
07-28-2018, 12:14 PM
Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

Always use the white clothes. Was just kinda shocked to see the no white leather. But I guess it’s just a precaution.
����

TrevinE
04-20-2019, 01:42 PM
Use the white suede applicator cloth. Pretty sure they come standard with the product now anyway. Used it on this Bentley with a very light cream interior and no issues.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190420/c70bd3d1c0862b2fbd79a97ecbe9de9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r1fast
06-22-2019, 03:32 AM
As long as you use the newer version with the white applicator it should be fine. I believe they still have the warning on the label re: using it with white leather but that could be a residual from when they included an orange applicator. Orange was obviously a bad idea.... white applicator should be ok.

Merlin
06-22-2019, 01:01 PM
As always, when using CQuartz leather on white do a small inconspicuous area first to test.