PDA

View Full Version : Cquarts over or under vinyl decals Same for Gliss

ShawnEJ257
09-06-2018, 09:37 PM
I put tasteful decals vinyl from time to time say it's a race car for instance could I put Cquarts over top to seal them or would they have to go on after? Same question for Gliss would they even stick?

Merlin
09-06-2018, 09:58 PM
I personally would avoid a coating over decals or vinyl stripes.

ShawnEJ257
09-06-2018, 10:06 PM
I personally would avoid a coating over decals or vinyl stripes.

Ok Thanks, not worried about matte finish but if coating over vinyl bad idea good to know. Would be nice to seal them semi permanently and not have to worry about edges

The Guz
09-07-2018, 01:43 AM
The coating will stick to the coating. Vinyl may absorb the coating differently and may look splotchy.

You could try a test section. The other option is use something like Reload on them.

Merlin
09-07-2018, 12:23 PM
The coating will stick to the coating. Vinyl may absorb the coating differently and may look splotchy.

You could try a test section. The other option is use something like Reload on them.

^ Agreed

I wouldn't coat decals. My reasoning is that you can polish paint but you shouldn't polish vinyl decals.
My choice would be to coat the paint and (after cure time) spray both the paint and decals with Reload.

Ok Thanks, not worried about matte finish but if coating over vinyl bad idea good to know.
Would be nice to seal them semi permanently and not have to worry about edges

I don't think that any coating is going to be able to seal enough to "not have to worry about edges".
The only way I know "to seal them semi permanently" would be to spray clear coat over them.

ShawnEJ257
09-08-2018, 01:11 PM
Ok, I'll take your advice on my car for sure may try reload over vinyl on test panel from used auto parts guy. But also wanted to try Gliss over Cquartz so if I do that I'm losing option for vinyl or Reload is that right? I bought my Cquartz and Reload before I found out about Gliss. Just waiting for a few pieces of PPF to get put on before I coat car.

The Guz
09-09-2018, 02:07 AM
Are you asking if Reload can be used over Gliss? If so then it is no issue.