PDA

View Full Version : CarPro Forte

zerix
09-02-2014, 02:42 PM
What could it be?! Possibly a longer lasting glass coating?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq_v3c1O3HM

richy
09-02-2014, 03:23 PM
There was a YT video of a guy beta testing a new glass coating for Avi. I would suspect that's it. I like the name!

Mike lambert
09-02-2014, 03:25 PM
I will take it!

zerix
09-02-2014, 03:46 PM
There was a YT video of a guy beta testing a new glass coating for Avi. I would suspect that's it. I like the name!

Corey told me awhile back that they were still working on a better version of FlyBy30 2014, so maybe this could be it!

Any chance at a link on that video?

Dr_Pain
09-02-2014, 03:51 PM
http://genophoria.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Old Tiger
09-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Whatever it is, Corey will ensure it is ready for prime time! I think it I is a Fly By replacement.

Corey
09-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Ahhhhhh buddy!! It is NOT a replacement for Flyby30 BUT you guys are not too cold.

Flyby30 will remain and we are still working on it to rid any issues of consistency in some environments.

This is a 100% new product with chemical makeup that is 100% different in every way from Flyby. As to what it's purpose is I'm enjoying the guesses!!

Old Tiger
09-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Corey, don't tease your old dad!

zerix
09-03-2014, 12:10 AM
Ahhhhhh buddy!! It is NOT a replacement for Flyby30 BUT you guys are not too cold.

Flyby30 will remain and we are still working on it to rid any issues of consistency in some environments.

This is a 100% new product with chemical makeup that is 100% different in every way from Flyby. As to what it's purpose is I'm enjoying the guesses!!

Is it going to be similar to that Asian stuff we've seen on youtube, aka NOTHING sticks to it? XCLEAR ZEROWIPER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHLXTSChX7E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx6V-9JpmPk

Cooter
09-03-2014, 01:19 AM
Cool new product from CarPro!!! WTG Avi!!

Chris@AutoCleanse
09-03-2014, 02:08 AM
When will it be available.

Corey
09-03-2014, 03:15 AM
When will it be available.

No date yet buddy!!! Still in testing. How's about we do a forum giveaway for a very special product? Let me see if I can get enough test product to do a special giveaway for my buds here [emoji2][emoji4]

Chris@AutoCleanse
09-03-2014, 03:24 AM
Sounds good.

EVOlved
09-03-2014, 04:17 AM
Count me in I was infinitely let down by PBL glass coating.

Dr_Pain
09-03-2014, 01:01 PM
No date yet buddy!!! Still in testing. How's about we do a forum giveaway for a very special product? Let me see if I can get enough test product to do a special giveaway for my buds here [emoji2][emoji4]

I WIN!!!!!!!

Contest is over, thanks for playing!!

MoeMistry
09-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Count me in!!

optntdr13
09-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Count me in!!

It will be fun to compare to nanolex Ultra, the "ne plus ultra" of glass coatings. I haven't used my wipers in at least two years since application and just recently re-did it not because it needed it but because I had leftover product to use before it went off(as the Brits would say). Truly the most impressive product I have used and looking forward to a comparison.

Jon@APAD
09-03-2014, 03:29 PM
New goodies from CarPro!!

Merlin
09-03-2014, 03:51 PM

I'd love to give it a go!

Avi@CP
09-03-2014, 05:39 PM
soon we will start, samples will be send to Corey next week hopefully.

Avi@CP
09-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Is it going to be similar to that Asian stuff we've seen on youtube, aka NOTHING sticks to it? XCLEAR ZEROWIPER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHLXTSChX7E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx6V-9JpmPk

This Stuff doesnt last more than a week! . they supply you special band to close tight your wipers handle not to operate it lol, any small abrasion removes it easy ...
such videos are always nice to see, but ask how long it last in real life!. more important :-)

Dr_Pain
09-03-2014, 07:54 PM
I skipped to the last page and saw the videos and I thought it was Avi sharing..... I got sooooooo excited I peed my pants, then I realized he was just replying quoting zerix. STOP THE TEASING!!! Get me some! We are in monsoon rain season in South Louisiana! What a perfect way to test it ;)

Rick
09-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Very curious!

success
09-03-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm really obsessing about this product. I'm a sucker for new carpro stuff

Rick
09-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Eternal youth serum. Is my guess.

Corey
09-04-2014, 01:32 AM
I skipped to the last page and saw the videos and I thought it was Avi sharing..... I got sooooooo excited I peed my pants, then I realized he was just replying quoting zerix. STOP THE TEASING!!! Get me some! We are in monsoon rain season in South Louisiana! What a perfect way to test it ;)

You KNOW your at the top of the list for testers as soon as it comes in bud!!

Corey
09-04-2014, 01:35 AM
Very curious!

I can't wait to get it on the ground here and start sharing more info!! I'm very excited.

I'm really obsessing about this product. I'm a sucker for new carpro stuff

That makes two of us bro!!

Eternal youth serum. Is my guess.

Ahhh, now that I could use!

zerix
09-04-2014, 01:51 AM
Can we at least confirm it's a new glass coating? :)

Corey
09-04-2014, 02:22 AM
Can we at least confirm it's a new glass coating? :)

Hehehe [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3] if I say it is would you believe me?

DARK HORSE
09-04-2014, 02:44 AM
http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad169/tadndonna/ScreenHunter_201Sep032042_zps6d03a634.jpg (http://s932.photobucket.com/user/tadndonna/media/ScreenHunter_201Sep032042_zps6d03a634.jpg.html)

zerix
09-04-2014, 03:51 AM
Hehehe [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3] if I say it is would you believe me?

BAH! When will we know!?

success
09-04-2014, 11:19 AM
Corey, I'll give you $5 if you tell me today!!!!!

Corey
09-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Corey, I'll give you $5 if you tell me today!!!!!

Ok! :):) Its a very high tech glass coating unlike anything else used in our market today. We have VERY high expectations based on the testing so far by one of the best CarPro shops in the East. The tech is pretty cool ;) But not sure I can open my yapper about that yet - Looking forward to putting it to the grinder test soon myself!

zerix
09-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Would love to test out a sample of this stuff! :)

zerix
09-05-2014, 04:49 AM
Saw this posted over on CarPro Facebook:

CarPro -The official FB Thank you all for your posting ! , Andrea Macchioni i dont know from where you have so much intel but you won the prize !, FlyBy FORTE , an Extreme windshield & glass coat which will last up to 2 years over windshield without wipers chattering or disturbing wiper noise. we will launch it very soon. Andrea , contact me by PM to see how you can get your award.

Any idea what pricing on this stuff might be?

TroyScherer
09-05-2014, 10:29 AM
I'm sold.

Do you need to IR cure this for it to work properly or up to its full potential?

Mike lambert
09-05-2014, 11:25 AM
How about showing us some love for testing! The new p1 would be a good test!

Merlin
09-05-2014, 12:44 PM
How does this stuff work on a motorcycle windshield?

For example...Rain-X will ruin a Harley windshield to cause it fog up a month later

Rick
09-05-2014, 04:20 PM
How about showing us some love for testing! The new p1 would be a good test!

I've got a daily driver that would make for a great test vehicle!

Chris@AutoCleanse
09-09-2014, 12:40 AM
Wiper coating, just a guess.

zerix
09-11-2014, 02:38 AM
Any more insight into this glass coating Corey? Like how it's applied or if it's more hydrophobic than flyby30, etc?

Corey
09-11-2014, 05:54 AM
Any more insight into this glass coating Corey? Like how it's applied or if it's more hydrophobic than flyby30, etc?

Next week I believe we will be ready to supply some more exciting informations :)

Dr_Pain
09-11-2014, 07:40 PM
I am waiting for the "exciting news" to be on hand to make my next order. Any chance that it can be "soon" because I need some stuff!

DARK HORSE
09-12-2014, 12:12 AM
I am waiting for the "exciting news" to be on hand to make my next order. Any chance that it can be "soon" because I need some stuff!
More news next week. Product should be available within a few weeks Claude.

Dr_Pain
09-12-2014, 01:34 AM
Dang it Tad...... I WANT IT NOW !!!!!!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_i1DR5jbxRk/Unh4B5OKHwI/AAAAAAAAAtE/T8m_bCd2cC8/s1600/VerucaSalt.jpg

fdresq4
09-14-2014, 11:39 AM
The temps are beginning to fall and leaves dropping here in northwest jersey. That means that s#@w and i*@ will be here soon too. Hopefully I will be able to coat the windshields before hand...:-)

Rick
09-15-2014, 12:08 AM
No need to wait anymore! You can go ahead and share the news with us. We won't tell anyone.

success
09-23-2014, 08:33 PM
Next week I believe we will be ready to supply some more exciting informations :)

Ok man--what's the word!?!?!?!?!

success
09-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Duplicate.

Dr_Pain
09-23-2014, 08:53 PM
Ok man--what's the word!?!?!?!?!

Bird.... bird is the word!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

DARK HORSE
09-24-2014, 09:01 PM
The word is: Scheduled to arrive here Monday!

Jaddie
09-26-2014, 12:57 AM
Dear Tad & Corey

Is there some way I can preorder? I just saw a thread on AGO and could swear it showed a screenshot of Forte on Corey's store, but I can't find it now.

I'm detailing the van next week in preparation for a road trip to Destin, Florida, and would love to coat my windshield with this before I leave on Friday.

I already have a big bottle of CeriGlass and several of the glass polishing pads.

Pinnacle Black Label is what I used last time, and I also used the Surface Cleansing Polish prior to the coating, but in my experience the Pinnacle product wasn't as hydrophobic as Aquapel, which worked well for me.

Docpeanut
09-26-2014, 02:02 AM
Dear Tad & Corey

Is there some way I can preorder? I just saw a thread on AGO and could swear it showed a screenshot of Forte on Corey's store, but I can't find it now.

I'm detailing the van next week in preparation for a road trip to Destin, Florida, and would love to coat my windshield with this before I leave on Friday.

I already have a big bottle of CeriGlass and several of the glass polishing pads.

Pinnacle Black Label is what I used last time, and I also used the Surface Cleansing Polish prior to the coating, but in my experience the Pinnacle product wasn't as hydrophobic as Aquapel, which worked well for me.

Pbl is hyped up over priced junk imho

Corey
09-26-2014, 02:15 AM
Ok, I have to sincerely apologize to many of you. I misunderstood a couple things as to the intended availability of FORTE to the public. There was a lot of debate on this and ultimately I believed the decision was it was to be sold publicly. In fact we will be offering it to Pros only at this time.

HOWEVER it is my intent to do everything I can to make up for this error and to make an exception for any of the enthusiasts who are members here who have read this thread up to this point and would not be able to otherwise obtain the product. We LOVE our CarPro's and CarPro enthusiasts and our loyal forum members hold a very special place for us. Therefore I refuse to deny you what we already had so much fun talking about over the past month here. We have captured a screenshot of the members names who have invested time and energy keeping up with this thread. So, to the guys that were following this BEFORE this post feel free to add a note in your next order at CarPro-US.com and send me an email at Corey@Carpro-us.com and we be proud to sell you a 10ml Forte or 10ml Forte kit, add to your invoice, and provide instructions for application.

Please accept my most sincere and humble apologies for my mistake. I am truly sorry for not providing full and accurate information as to the availability of this product.

To all other enthusiasts I can tell you we have reformulated Flyby30 with improvements as well noted with a red new formula sticker. For any person who purchased Flyby30 directly from CARPRO-US.com who did not receive great results I will replace it for you with the new version on your next order if you provide a reminder in the notes of your next order and let me know the order # of the Flyby you previously purchased.

Best Regards,
Corey

EVOlved
09-26-2014, 02:45 AM
Wow!! That is terrible to hear, well for me anyway. Well great to hear that Corey as always is a stand up guy and has already earned my business.

Is there a time limit on said offer? I feel kind of iffy about it now say I apply it and love it. Then a year from now I have to pay someone else an extra IDK $100 to do the same thing I could do in an hour :(.

O well hope the product works out well for you CQF installers, it sounds great!!

TXFIVEO
09-26-2014, 02:48 AM
That's a bummer. This has FINEST and Opti Coat PRO "discrimination." :mad:

Dr_Pain
09-26-2014, 03:06 AM
Corey, you are DA MAN!!!! There is obviously a LOT that goes into releasing a new product and obviously there were a couple of hiccups in understanding the "intended market"..... but for you to make an exception to the corporate guidelines for your forum members is going above and beyond. Kudos to you!!!

On a different note (same subject), I am sorry for taking a part in spreading the "false" news. I'm the one responsible for sharing a screenshot of the store. I was so excited when Avi posted on FB the release of Forte than I started disseminating information as it was being made available. I should have verified before screenshooting what we now know to have been a "glitch" in the store. I'm sure there were no intentions to have those products up but they were, and I jumped the gun. I should have know better and should have checked with you. For taking part in making this situation worse, I do need to apologize.

zerix
09-26-2014, 03:26 AM
Wow, that's really disappointing to hear... The application is so easy, and to limit it's access to CQuartz Finest installers only?

CarPro-UK has been hyping this product on detailingworld for over a month, there has not been any mention of this being a pro-only product.... there's even a public youtube video on their channel with specific instructions on how to install it.

I respect Corey a ton for allowing some of us to be able to buy this product once, but I really feel we've been misled here...

optntdr13
09-26-2014, 03:39 AM
Corey,

Out of sheer curiosity and as a business owner albeit in the financial world, I am curious as to what determines or rather the discourse behind the scenes as to the availability of a specific product. From my perch, it seems that "enthusiasts" are not viable candidates for a "pro" install anyway, they DIY for a reason and thus this equates to lost sales. Is the fear that Pros would lose sales due to Jonny Client trying to cheap-out and attempt it themselves? Just curious.

For the rest, and if you know what you are doing, Nanolex is your ticket but of course, send Corey all of your money first

Corey
09-26-2014, 04:18 AM
Wow, that's really disappointing to hear... The application is so easy, and to limit it's access to CQuartz Finest installers only?

CarPro-UK has been hyping this product on detailingworld for over a month, there has not been any mention of this being a pro-only product.... there's even a public youtube video on their channel with specific instructions on how to install it.

I respect Corey a ton for allowing some of us to be able to buy this product once, but I really feel we've been misled here...

It is not Finest installers only but all CarPro detailers at this time. As for other markets in other countries there are very different situations from country to country so I can't speak on that and don't know the scope of the market they will offer it to there.

I'm quite saddened that you feel misled. One thing I can promise you (not that it makes you feel any better) is I will lose a lot more sleep than you will over this.

Best,
Corey

Corey
09-26-2014, 04:21 AM
Corey, you are DA MAN!!!! There is obviously a LOT that goes into releasing a new product and obviously there were a couple of hiccups in understanding the "intended market"..... but for you to make an exception to the corporate guidelines for your forum members is going above and beyond. Kudos to you!!!

On a different note (same subject), I am sorry for taking a part in spreading the "false" news. I'm the one responsible for sharing a screenshot of the store. I was so excited when Avi posted on FB the release of Forte than I started disseminating information as it was being made available. I should have verified before screenshooting what we now know to have been a "glitch" in the store. I'm sure there were no intentions to have those products up but they were, and I jumped the gun. I should have know better and should have checked with you. For taking part in making this situation worse, I do need to apologize.

Thanks buddy!! You don't owe anyone an apology though, totally my fault for jumping the gun with bad info. I owe you and Tad an apology for telling you guys it would be available publicly. I'm truly sorry

Corey
09-26-2014, 04:24 AM
Corey,

Out of sheer curiosity and as a business owner albeit in the financial world, I am curious as to what determines or rather the discourse behind the scenes as to the availability of a specific product. From my perch, it seems that "enthusiasts" are not viable candidates for a "pro" install anyway, they DIY for a reason and thus this equates to lost sales. Is the fear that Pros would lose sales due to Jonny Client trying to cheap-out and attempt it themselves? Just curious.

For the rest, and if you know what you are doing, Nanolex is your ticket but of course, send Corey all of your money first

Generally speaking that could certainly play a role in decisions for a company and the pros they work with but in this case that was not what controlled the outcome.

Cheers

EVOlved
09-26-2014, 07:25 AM
Generally speaking that could certainly play a role in decisions for a company and the pros they work with but in this case that was not what controlled the outcome.

Cheers

I'm sure it has something to do with trying to enhance the brand name, as something the REAL pro's use. Which I understand and wish the best of luck to CP in all there ventures.

zerix
09-26-2014, 08:08 AM
It is not Finest installers only but all CarPro detailers at this time. As for other markets in other countries there are very different situations from country to country so I can't speak on that and don't know the scope of the market they will offer it to there.

I'm quite saddened that you feel misled. One thing I can promise you (not that it makes you feel any better) is I will lose a lot more sleep than you will over this.

Best,
Corey

Misled may have been strong, but that's just how I feel. Here's a post from "CarPro-UK" over on detailingworld

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=4680470&postcount=4

Good morning.

Corey is the us distributor and as such he sets his perimiters. Who can purchase what product ect.

Here in the UK. We also set our own customer groups. Professionals will get early release to this product. While we do more tests to achieve the best way for home users to apply and the pitfalls of application based on uk weather.

This is a professional grade product.

Thanks.
Craig.
Carpro UK.

At least it sounds like it may trickle down to us normal customers eventually, who knows :(

DARK HORSE
09-26-2014, 10:44 AM
I can assure everyone that Corey, as well as myself, and at least one other "well known" retailer whole-heartedly believed this product's "initial" release was to be to everyone (not just pros only)! As mentioned, there are many variables and issues that go on behind the scenes that must be considered when releasing any new product in any industry.
I can assure you if it were at all possible at this point in time, Corey WOULD release Forte to all (as this was most definitely his full intention)! It's turned out that it's just not possible right now (definitely no fault of Corey)! I've known him for many years, both personally and professionally, and I can assure you that this is something he doesn't take lightly! His customers both enthusiasts and pros matter the world to him! I spent 12 days living out of a hotel room with Corey (in a foreign country I might add) while doing two high end details, and I can tell you I've never seen anyone work SO hard to make SO many happy!! He would polish paint (and answer questions via texts) all day, then literally work all night answering questions and helping all who asked for it (many who weren't even his customers)! So I reiterate; if it were at all possible to release Forte to everyone right now, Corey WOULD!!

DARK HORSE
09-26-2014, 10:58 AM
Misled may have been strong, but that's just how I feel.

Zerix, I'm very sorry you feel misled! You are a valued member of our community and I enjoy your posts and contributions very much, thank you! I can assure you that NO one at CarPro-US misled anyone intentionally.

At least it sounds like it may trickle down to us normal customers eventually, who knows :(

IMHO, I think this is very possible. I certainly hope so and hope very soon!

TroyScherer
09-26-2014, 10:59 AM
I was one of the few that got FlyBy30 with very high hope and didn't have much success with it. So I was very excited to try / test Forte as it could be my CarPro fix for glass. (I am currently using Opti Glass).

At the same time I fully understand and support the Pro level coatings. It is building in the quality and product line needed to make it an ultra-premium line of product that Pro’s can market & sell separating themselves from the everyday “detailer”. I do acknowledge that most of us that frequent these forums have the skill, knowledge and ability to use these pro coatings. And while I wish there could be exceptions made for us, it doesn’t make sense due to all of the issue and liabilities it could create. Hopefully Avi will see our desire and listen to Corey and possibly re-consider.

So long live CarPro. Winter is coming and I need to seal my glass…

fdresq4
09-26-2014, 11:14 AM
Good morning All,

I too was bummed to hear of this but I, as a DIY'er, understand.
With that being said, I DO APPRECIATE the fact that Corey and Tad posted the "bad news" on the forum. It's no secret as to what is going on with another company and recent changes. I had been a consumer of that brand, although I did have some C.P. during that time, and was totally disappointed with the lack of information when change occured. Unlike that company's owner, these guys at C.P. stood up and posted information and kept us apprised of what was going on. That speaks volumes of someone's character. It is easy to give good news but giving bad...
Thanks Guys!

Steve

fdresq4
09-26-2014, 11:23 AM
Is the fear that Pros would lose sales due to Jonny Client trying to cheap-out and attempt it themselves? Just curious.

Optntdr,

Speaking for myself, as a DIY'er, it's not so much "trying to cheap-out" but I have taken a 25% pay cut over the last couple of years and my wife has not received a raise in 5 years. I try and do as much as I can whether it is detailing, correction, or Home projects. If I had the money then I would certainly have a "Pro" do a complete package.
I see you are from Maryland so you know how expensive it is to live in the Northeast...

TXFIVEO
09-26-2014, 12:22 PM
Guess my earlier reply got "removed," nevertheless it is disappointing and misleading. Although unintentional I'm sure, miscommunication is most likely the culprit. Oh well, it happens, almost leaves a sour taste in your mouth like "that other company's" latest product change.

I'm with you Troy, left very unsatisfied with FlyBy30. Recently purchased it and applied it...no better than RainX from my experience, thus this is why I was looking to Forte. I guess "that other brand's" glass coating will be given a shot since the rug was pulled from under me with Forte.

I just reordered some more CQUK and some applicators. So I'm not a CarPro basher, my orders prove otherwise.

DARK HORSE
09-26-2014, 12:43 PM
Guess my earlier reply got "removed," nevertheless it is disappointing and misleading. Although unintentional I'm sure, miscommunication is most likely the culprit. Oh well, it happens, almost leaves a sour taste in your mouth like "that other company's" latest product change.

I'm with you Troy, left very unsatisfied with FlyBy30. Recently purchased it and applied it...no better than RainX from my experience, thus this is why I was looking to Forte. I guess "that other brand's" glass coating will be given a shot since the rug was pulled from under me with Forte.

I just reordered some more CQUK and some applicators. So I'm not a CarPro basher, my orders prove otherwise.

I removed your earlier reply because it "appeared" to be unhelpful to the situation. I am sorry you feel as if the rug was pulled from under you, it was definitely not our intention. I can assure you this is nothing like "that other company's" latest product change. Thank you for your understanding!

ChrisDA
09-26-2014, 01:23 PM
I think you guys are looking at it the wrong way. Think it more of a 'Beta test' that the pros are doing with the product first. Making sure that the product works and if improvements need to be made etc.

This is actually the way most companies do things. Think of videos games. Developers and people in the industry etc get the games first to 'test' them and then eventually later on a consumer version is released, sometimes even with a completely different product name.

TXFIVEO
09-26-2014, 01:44 PM
I believe the product was already "beta tested" by numerous detainees. I'm sure Forte is a great product like the rest of the CarPro line. Like I previously stated, I have quite an extensive list of CarPro products in my arsenal..and I'm sure it will continue to grow. But to "wait" and see "IF" it will ever become available to the general masses and "WHEN" is a luxury most don't want to put up with. Myself included. So the research in Opti Glass, GTechiq, etc.

As many have stated, options is one of the best tools that we have. Hopefully this mistake can be learned from and not duplicated in the future by such a good company.

series1
09-26-2014, 03:05 PM
It is a bit upsetting to hear this for sure. I'm surprised that it will be a pro only thing as it would be the only pro only windshield and glass coating (Edit: It has been brought to my attention that Optimum does offer a pro version of their Opti-Glass). Gtechniq, optimum, and 22ple (to name the popular ones in the U.S.) all have their glass coatings available to the public so I'm surprised Carpro would leave it to chance that people would stick with FlyBy30 and not try other longer lasting glass coatings.

Put me down as another plea/vote to make this available to the public. I understand I'll never get to try Finest and I'm perfectly okay with that and understand why. A windshield coating not being made available just doesn't make sense to me. Either way I'll still be ordering from Corey and Carpro-US, service is second to none. Best of luck Corey

C. Charles Hahn
09-26-2014, 03:28 PM
It is a bit upsetting to hear this for sure. I'm surprised that it will be a pro only thing as it would be the only pro only windshield and glass coating. Gtechniq, optimum, and 22ple (to name the popular ones in the U.S.) all have their glass coatings available to the public so I'm surprised Carpro would leave it to chance that people would stick with FlyBy30 and not try other longer lasting glass coatings.

Put me down as another plea/vote to make this available to the public. I understand I'll never get to try Finest and I'm perfectly okay with that and understand why. A windshield coating not being made available just doesn't make sense to me. Either way I'll still be ordering from Corey and Carpro-US, service is second to none. Best of luck Corey

That's actually not true; Optimum does have Opti-Glass Pro which is stated to have much longer durability than their consumer product.

series1
09-26-2014, 03:37 PM
That's actually not true; Optimum does have Opti-Glass Pro which is stated to have much longer durability than their consumer product.Ahh yes you are correct thanks for catching that mistake I apologize. Even so, I'm still hoping Carpro eventually releases this to the public and doesen't go the way optimum seems to be going with exclusivity and price increases.

Corey
09-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Ahh yes you are correct thanks for catching that mistake I apologize. Even so, I'm still hoping Carpro eventually releases this to the public and doesen't go the way optimum seems to be going with exclusivity and price increases.

I completely understand the concerns and value the feedback and opinions. Thank you!! Please know that CarPro has its own direction and prides itself on NOT following others. What they do is not related to other companies. I have gotten to know Avi of CarPro well and one of his main goals is to NOT charge more for a product just because he could. It is based on raw material costs, R&D costs, and the value it brings. A little story... There is one type of product that is a HUGE seller for many companies and for over a year (maybe 2) I have mentioned to Avi that people would love to purchase CarPro's version and idea of this product. Time after time his view was that he knows companies are making this type of product for pennies and he felt it was not right to charge the prices it is sold for and he had no interest. So, the example is meant to help anyone reading understand that unfair profit margins and marking things up are NOT in the model for CaPro. I could take case after case where products from CarPro are offered at lower cost than lesser products from this or that company. CQuartz UK and Dlux are the first that jump to mind as products that beat up on products costing much more from some companies.

Corey
09-26-2014, 04:54 PM
Thank you so much to ALL of you for voicing your opinions and sharing your frustration with us here. I understand 100% where you are coming from and value your feelings. Thank you so much for your trust and support (to any that this statement applies to) and again my sincere apologies to all. We will share more information on Forte in the future. In the meantime we are working on some other VERY exciting things which we look forward to sharing soon!

TXFIVEO
09-26-2014, 05:30 PM
I'm done with it...I've moved on...now ship my CQUARTZ UK! 😄

Mark
09-26-2014, 07:12 PM
I've enjoyed the thread, and personally am not weeping over something I never had.

With great interest-enthusiasm I watched the Zero Wiper Vid, and something like this super hydrophobic coating seems promising for the future of glass coatings, in that perhaps one day this technology will be further refined, and will pretty much obsolete all other coatings of present day.

That this technology might spread further as well, to paint and fabric coatings. Imagine, a future coating, tough as nails, and nothing sticks! Oils, Tars, Bird Droppings, and all other banes of us vehicle owners banished to the point that one maybe only needs to have a California Duster on hand?

This technology may not be too far off.

ddvette9
09-26-2014, 07:56 PM
There is an old line that was wise beyond its years. "Don't bite the hand that feeds you". The fact that a few of you are so upset that you wish to shame Corey and get an apology out of him is classles and extremely disappointing to myself and I'm sure many others on here.He is so unselfish and so accomodating that I would find it impossible to speak negatively about car pro or him, especially with something as trivial as a glass coating initially being designated for authorized pros only. He doesn't owe anyone an apology. If anything, all of us owe him a thank you every single day of the week. If this comment gets deleted then so be it, but hopefully some of the negative posters can read it before it does in hopes that they will apologize to Corey and thank him for all that he does. OK....I'm off my high horse :). Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Mark
09-26-2014, 09:20 PM
There is an old line that was wise beyond its years. "Don't bite the hand that feeds you". The fact that a few of you are so upset that you wish to shame Corey and get an apology out of him is classles and extremely disappointing to myself and I'm sure many others on here.He is so unselfish and so accomodating that I would find it impossible to speak negatively about car pro or him, especially with something as trivial as a glass coating initially being designated for authorized pros only. He doesn't owe anyone an apology. If anything, all of us owe him a thank you every single day of the week. If this comment gets deleted then so be it, but hopefully some of the negative posters can read it before it does in hopes that they will apologize to Corey and thank him for all that he does. OK....I'm off my high horse :). Hope everyone has a great weekend!

There's probably quite a few devout-dedicated Carpro Fans-followers here. Probably some similarities of being like devout fans-owners of such brands like McIntosh Labs Audio Equipment.

I too am beginning to fall into line myself, and hindsight has proven that I wish I myself had found Carpro goodies a good while back, I would've saved some good money in the long run.

Although quite diverse, I wouldn't expect Carpro the be the "end all-be all" of products on the market, cornering the market, and trying to outdo-superceed all players for every little niche product to come down the pike.

And I'm sure virtually all of us detailers, hobbyists, and professionals do not rely solely upon one product "brand" for car care needs.

I'm fairly aware, and fairly understand these consequences were beyond Corey's influence, and control.
As I understand it, Carpro is an Asian Sourced Company, and the Asians have a unique way of doing business.
Asian Manufacturers will often choose one Asian Distributor, and it is this Distributor who markets those products worldwide. All and everything goes through this sole entity, and "they" control the horizontal, and the vertical. Even to the point that they cut their own throats, they are commonly steadfast.

I say such, because this odd market strategy is done to control world market costs, and an influence of how valuable a certain product is assumed to be. They sometimes find out otherwise, and a backfire occurs. Stay tuned, cause minds often change their direction overnight when they finally recognize their so called market strategy is not making them the monies they'd like to be making.

I'll guess, and say, like many Asian brands-markets, the USA is probably the largest outlet for Carpro Brand, probably outselling all other markets combined. They've entrusted America to make money for them, but seemingly often take little worth of America's opinions, on how they should run their businesses.

(Perhaps it finally needs to be said, Asians evidently think Americans are stupid Assholes when it comes to business! And of course we are NOT!) But they won't listen. Hard headed. When figures later tally in, then there's a re-meet of the minds, or perhaps a better description is "no minds". Often the more a person gets paid, the less they know. That's a worldwide affliction.

I've seen such happen before, as for instance, the Home Audio Market.

Corey
09-26-2014, 10:03 PM
Hi guys, no time to chat too much at the moment but I wanted to clear up one item.

That item being that CarPro is not an Asian company. The owner of CarPro does also own CarPro Chemicals which is based in South Korea but whatever implied cultural stereotypes are not the case.

I would also say "Asian" is kind of grouping a lot of countries together which all actually have unique cultures and backgrounds.

As with any type of stereotyping we will find each person is actually unique if we get to know them - regardless of where they were born.

Cheers

EVOlved
09-26-2014, 10:08 PM
I think we all need to relax and let Corey sleep well for the nights to come because he IS the BEST in the business and I for one would love for that to stay the way it is. This goes above him and is not his fault.

And another BIG side note my windshield will survive just fine for years to come without one specific product...

Mike lambert
09-27-2014, 12:24 AM
To question the integrity of Corey is insulting ,not only to him but to those of us who deal with him on a regular basis! I have been around the car bussiness for over 20 years,and I can tell you no one I have met is as honest and caring for his customers as Corey.i will leave it at that before this gets removed as I am very pissed off at the comments that have been made!

ChrisDA
09-27-2014, 12:26 AM
Alright guys, I think everyone has had their say and Corey has explained the situation so I see no reason for this thread to be open any longer.