PDA

View Full Version : Covering very light scratches

tmorell
10-04-2018, 05:46 PM
Hi,
I have a new car which is already prepped (washed, decontaminated, polished, and IPAed). There are some very, very light scratches that can only be seen at very specific angles. These scratches cannot be seen perpendicular to the panel, not even with bright light. They are maybe a third of a human hair.
Will CQuartz cover/hide these very thin lines? I am aware that it will not cover swirls or scratches.

The concern with these very fine lines is that I might have to spend a lot of time finding each one, and I only have 3" and 6" pads, which are overkill for this work.
I think these lines came from claying the car.

Thanks in advance.

Merlin
10-04-2018, 09:15 PM
Have you thought about using Essence PLUS?

tmorell
10-04-2018, 09:51 PM
Thanks Merlin.
It is my understanding that Essence PLUS is to fix a ceramic coating. In my case I have not coated the car yet. I am finishing the prep and I am finding few random hair like lines in the paint.

Have you thought about using Essence PLUS?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Merlin
10-04-2018, 11:04 PM
If you have not coated the paint yet then I would not advise using Essence PLUS.

What machines do you have?

tmorell
10-05-2018, 11:50 PM
Short answer... My wife.
I have spent so much time in the car at nights after work that she told me it is the car or me! LOL

I will spend a couple more hours trying to remove as many as I can.

Thanks for the input.

Although the coating has some filling abilities, it may not fill completely. Seems like these little fine scratches are bothering you, so why not polish it out? No shame in being anal about your ride.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The Guz
10-06-2018, 03:21 AM
A light polish and prep prior to coating is not that bad. Essence would be a good option.

fdresq4
10-06-2018, 11:22 AM
Although the coating has some filling abilities, it may not fill completely. Seems like these little fine scratches are bothering you, so why not polish it out? No shame in being anal about your ride.

X2.

OP,

Do it once, do it right because you won’t be happy with anything else. I’m guessing you have really good lighting and high quality Microfiber towels?

Just make sure you do a wipe down after the polish stage with Earaser or equivalent.

Merlin
10-07-2018, 01:23 PM
A light polish and prep prior to coating is not that bad. Essence would be a good option.

Agreed! Give Essence a try. Essence has light filling abilities and you can coat over it.

tmorell
10-07-2018, 11:14 PM
Agreed! Give Essence a try. Essence has light filling abilities and you can coat over it.

Thank you all for the input!!