PDA

View Full Version : GLISS & DLUX Question

Flippingmc
12-22-2018, 06:06 PM
Hello guys i recently bought a new car and was looking into the ceramic coating doing this myself. i was wondering if i should put gliss on top of dlux and also can i put dlux on dash and door panels.. also should i use the dlux instead of cquartz on chrome accent on car.. thank you for the help

The Guz
12-23-2018, 06:32 AM
Welcome to the forum.

My first question is are you planning to coat the painted surfaces? I ask because Gliss and DLUX are two different products.

I would stick with something like Perl for the interior instead of DLUX. Use DLUX for the exterior trim and wheels. It can also be topped with Gliss if desired. For example if you used DLUX on the wheels or taillights and headlights.

Either Cquartz or DLUX will work fine on the chrome accents.

What else are you planning to do to the car prior to coating it?

fdresq4
12-23-2018, 12:12 PM
Here is the link to DLUX...

https://www.carpro-us.com/protection/cquartz-dlux-wheel-trim-coating-30ml-sky-kit/

I remembered being instructed not to multi layer DLUX awhile ago. I think there is a post on it somewhere.

I haven’t layered or placed another coating on DLUX and have had it on TRIM pieces almost two years now and still holding up.

I think you’ll be happy with DLUX on its own. Hopefully James can chime in further. @Sky-s-the-Limit-Car-Care

As far as interior pieces, I have never done it but I would be concerned about it curing and the lack of ventilation in an enclosed car during initial install phase.

Chrome accents...taken from DLUX page...

Applications:

Plastic Trim
Rubber Trim
Engine Bay
Headlights, Fog lights, & Tail lights
Wheels
Tires
Metal Trim
Exhaust Tips
Chrome
Plastic Wheel Wells

Flippingmc
12-23-2018, 02:54 PM
Yes I’m planning to do painted surface of car with CQuartz then gliss over that

fdresq4
12-25-2018, 09:55 PM
Yes I’m planning to do painted surface of car with CQuartz then gliss over that

Just so I’m clear, you are going to do the painted surfaces with either CQUK or TiO2, not DLUX...CORRECT?

Flippingmc
12-26-2018, 04:40 PM
Yes painted uk other with dlux.. then gliss over everything

fdresq4
12-26-2018, 11:33 PM
i would skip topping DLUX with Gliss. Hopefully James or Corey will chime in....

The Guz
12-27-2018, 05:59 AM
I would skip DLUX topped with Gliss on the trim. Not really needed. If you feel the need to maintain it, Reload will work as will Perl.

I am experimenting with this combo on my rear taillights.

https://i.imgur.com/ZuJnJlG.jpg

Sky's the Limit Car Care
12-27-2018, 02:12 PM
Steve and the Guz are correct. We wouldn't coat Gliss on top of Dlux. On top of the Uk 3.0 and the Tio2 is fine, however not recomended over the dlux. I agree with the Guz's advice and just top those sections with reload.

I would also limit the Dlux to just one coat.

In regards to the interior, our favorite interior protector would be the Ultima interior guard plus (https://www.carpro-us.com/interior/ultima-interior-guard-plus-12-oz/). This has a lot less risk involved and acts as a great uv protectant to the inside of the vehicle. If you wanted to put Dlux on the trim on the inside that would be alright too. just more risk involved so make sure to apply properly.

Flippingmc
12-28-2018, 03:48 PM
Thank you guys car came out great wife was super happy... maintaining the car ie washing reload etc.. how do y’all maintain and what products y’all use.. I got uk3.0 with gliss

Sky's the Limit Car Care
12-28-2018, 05:27 PM
Thank you guys car came out great wife was super happy... maintaining the car ie washing reload etc.. how do y’all maintain and what products y’all use.. I got uk3.0 with gliss

For additional protection Reload is always beneficial on top of the coating and will help the longevity of it by adding additional protection on top of it.
Using that in combination with either ech2o or the new Carpro Elixir (quick detailers) will help keep the gloss and the shine of your vehicle in between washes.
For washing, Carpro Reset is our go to soap, or just try to use a soap without any additives in it. for this will usually coat on top of the vehicle and give you lessened effects from your coating over time.
and make sure to do a solid decon every once in a while depending on your situation. Decontamination on a vehicles are very important for longevity, and to make sure it keeps its properties. A highly contaminated car can prevent water from beading well, and occasionally take away some gloss.