PDA

View Full Version : Waterspots can't be removed on CQ finest reserve even with Spotless. Please advise! [

jamesalgore
01-05-2019, 05:02 PM
I have a huge problem now with my CQ Finest Reserve coating which was done 5 months ago and I am in dire need of an advise! My local CarPro detailer shop can't help me too and has never heard/seen such a problem. I got a brand new civic 5 months ago and did the cqfr coating immediately after. There are now significant amount of waterspots on my coating which are visible on the top surfaces of my car and I can't seem to remove it even with Car Pro Spotless. I live in Malaysia, a tropical country that has lots of sunshine and occasionally rains in the afternoon all year round and my car is parked under the sun during work hours. Local forums have said that these waterspots on the ceramic coats cannot be removed as what has happened is the water beads on the top of my car has intensified the sunrays (captured the sun's heat) & evaporated which has resulted in the water etching/being embedded into the coat. You can imagine that each evaporated water bead now can be seen (at certain angles) on my car and it looks terrible! When i tried spotless, not only did it not work but it also affected the hydrophobicity of the coat(after further research was informed that the mild acids destroyed the hydrophobicity) - of which the detailer shop was kind enough to share some Hydr02.

I clean my car every weekend evening with a Black and Decker pressure washer. Using ironx triple action snow wash + turtle wax carnauba tropical wash (to mask the ironx smell) as my shampoo and wipe down cleanly with microfibre towels.

Would greatly appreciate your kind advises if you have encountered a similar incident and/or if you could share another effective product to remove these stubborn waterspots. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!

Ps: attaching some snapshots from a video I took recently. Note the marks around the light. I took the video at this angle/time as it was more visibilt. Do let me know if you need clearer shots! Thanks!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190105/6501b3c15e3050650c1b5a260ef09916.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190105/97c7ec7bd68a1e0319922e9bdb0e7bdc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Guz
01-07-2019, 09:02 PM
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your issue. In general ceramic coatings are prone to water spots.

If the water spots did not come off with spotless then polishing will more than likely be needed to remove them. Which means removing the coating and re-coating the paint.