PDA

View Full Version : 5 years?

Reflection 5-0
04-09-2019, 04:07 PM
A local performance and sound shop posted this on Facebook. I didn’t know there was a 5 year version. I wonder if they warranty their work.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190409/1ec4904d21c1976112604961312afc7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reflection 5-0
04-09-2019, 04:16 PM
That photo turned out a lot larger than I expected using Tapatalk.

Sky's the Limit Car Care
04-10-2019, 01:43 PM
So funny enough, this is actually a group we have spoken to before. They applied for CQuartz professional but were denied for the fact that they are claiming in their website to provide it. Also the 5 year coating is a bit of a stretch. not impossible, but a very very rare situation where the vehicle would have to be maintained extremely well and garaged for the majority of its life. They may be doing a warranty on the coating where they re-coat or top coat after a certain point which at that point isn't really a 5 year coating. I believe some other competator coatings companies do this similarly.

Also side note, they are still advertising CQuartz Pro on their website so we may have to go and investigate further with them. We apreciate the share Reflection 5-0!

Reflection 5-0
04-10-2019, 04:34 PM
It's a question I usually get when I install CQuartz; How long will it last? I try to give people an honest answer and it always starts with....if properly maintained.....and i continue with educating folks on proper cleaning. I hope these guys aren't selling a "miracle" coating, it could give Carpro a bad name in this area.

fdresq4
04-11-2019, 12:36 PM
I have CQuartz Finest on my truck, installed August 2015. At this time, it’s still hanging in there. Truck is garaged kept, receives a deconn wash about once a year, and try to wash it once every week to week and a half, weather depending. Also, topped with RELOAD usually twice a year. I use a foam cannon with three bucket method, and filtered air drying. I will use a drying towel to hit some stubborn spots with Echo2 or Elixir.
We have since moved, we do not have a CQuartz Finest installer nearby so I’ve talked with James about recoating this fall with CQUK and TiO2 myself.

At this point, I got my monies worth.

The Guz
04-11-2019, 02:34 PM
I have CQuartz Finest on my truck, installed August 2015. At this time, it’s still hanging in there. Truck is garaged kept, receives a deconn wash about once a year, and try to wash it once every week to week and a half, weather depending. Also, topped with RELOAD usually twice a year. I use a foam cannon with three bucket method, and filtered air drying. I will use a drying towel to hit some stubborn spots with Echo2 or Elixir.
We have since moved, we do not have a CQuartz Finest installer nearby so I’ve talked with James about recoating this fall with CQUK and TiO2 myself.

At this point, I got my monies worth.

Any reason why you are not going with Gliss instead of TiO2 as a topper?

fdresq4
04-15-2019, 11:53 AM
Any reason why you are not going with Gliss instead of TiO2 as a topper?

Preference.