PDA

View Full Version : Tuga Devil or IronX?

PipelineDK
07-11-2019, 05:01 PM
I'm pretty happy with the Tuga Devil for my wheels, but wonder if CarPro IronX is any better?
Has anyone tried both products?

Merlin
07-11-2019, 08:38 PM
I have tried and continue to use both products.

I use TUGA Devil Special Wheel Cleaner on wheels.

"TUGA Devil SpecialĀ® is an acid-free, phosphate free, highly efficient wheel cleaner which easily removes baked on brake dust and a variety of heavy contaminants."

I use Carpro Iron X on both paint and wheels.

"Highly effective, acid-free and pH balanced, CarPro Iron X stops rust spots and premature failure of the clear coat by making short work of iron contaminant removal across the entire vehicle!

During the use of your vehicle, brake dust and road grime become sintered to the surface of the paint, rims, and wheels due to the high temperatures they are exposed to."

What does this mean?
YES, There is a certain amount of product overlap on wheels but IMHO they are completely different products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0nd4e1SL1I

I use IronX, a clay bar (alternative/polymerized rubber) and a clay bar (if needed) to decontaminate paint.
I would NOT spray TUGA Devil Special Wheel Cleaner on paint!

Bottom line: IMHO you should have both in your detailing arsenal.
Try them both and let us know your thoughts.

PipelineDK
07-15-2019, 06:46 PM
Thanks.
The car is coated with uk 3.0 and Gliss. So is it nessesary to use IronX on the paint?
The wheels is coated with Dlux.

The Guz
07-16-2019, 12:04 AM
Thanks.
The car is coated with uk 3.0 and Gliss. So is it nessesary to use IronX on the paint?
The wheels is coated with Dlux.

See the after care tips from the product description of CQUK 3.0. Tarx is not recommended for Gliss.

I will deep clean the wheels 1-2 times a year with something like Tuga. Most of the time soap and water is all I need with a coated wheel.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190716/ecc991e1758fa4f062cc9b84cf3203e7.jpg