PDA

View Full Version : Show/weekend /summer only cars

Blown03
09-12-2014, 12:42 PM
Hey guys and gals ,

I'm a newb with coatings haven not used any yet but UK is on my list of to do's and try . I asked couple of you privately before . I'm still on the fence though , are you guys coating show type cars ? My 03 Cobra is kept in show shape but I'm not into the actual entering it in shows . No reason really , just haven't .

But ,I'm wondering if coating a weekend summer only car is worth it ,good idea etc.. I was hoping maybe I could get some Pro's and Con's from the everyone and anyone who's coated their personal car or has done a coating(s)on weekend car(s) like mine . I've searched and haven't been able to find answers . I apologize if this is repetitive and has been asked and answered .

thanks !

DARK HORSE
09-12-2014, 02:38 PM
Darren,

Since coating “all” of my personal vehicles, I have Vintage, Crystal Rock, Migliore Presidenziale, Concorso and several other waxes sitting on a shelf collecting dust… My 2009 “black” weekend driver (with 7K miles on the clock) looks absolutely stunning wearing CQF.
(I have heard that proper polishing helps though)…:Wink:

*Hmmm, with all these waxes collecting dust, this gives me an idea for a giveaway. Stay tuned for an upcoming giveaway!

Blown03
09-12-2014, 02:40 PM
Thanks Tad , I think we both agreed that "most" the gloss comes from proper polishing :) .. I certainly value your opinion very much and hold it in the highest regard , you know that :) .. I'd like to hear from some weekend warriors like myself , who've done any coating , but specifically UK first ,second and third timers . Hopefully on black or darker colored vehicles , like both our Stangs :) ...

DARK HORSE
09-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Thanks Tad , I think we both agreed that "most" the gloss comes from proper polishing :) .. I certainly value your opinion very much and hold it in the highest regard , you know that :) .. I'd like to hear from some weekend warriors like myself , who've done any coating , but specifically UK first ,second and third timers . Hopefully on black or darker colored vehicles , like both our Stangs :) ...

Daren,

PM me your address and I'll send you a sample of CQUK, and a sample of any of the waxes listed above (or another if you'd prefer, and I have it)...

Blown03
09-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Tad ,
Ok ,will do ,thanks allot my man ! Your too kind :)