PDA

View Full Version : Flex backing plate repair and foam pad life

CAD
09-13-2014, 03:30 AM
The velcro on one of my backing plates for my flex has been peeling up around the outer edge. Looking for a suggestion on what type of adhesive to repair it with. Also, I try to get the most out of my foam pads but not sure how to know when they are shot. Sometimes the cells on the face look like they are coming apart or they lose firmness. Is this the answer to a spent pad.
Thanks

Corey
09-15-2014, 12:49 AM
For the Velcro I would google "glue for plastic to metal bond"
The pads are time to change whenever you don't get the results you are happy with them anymore. They can soften or degrade some and still be useful but at a point time to cut into pie slices for tire dressing applicators.

Old Tiger
09-15-2014, 05:15 PM
For the Velcro I would google "glue for plastic to metal bond"
The pads are time to change whenever you don't get the results you are happy with them anymore. They can soften or degrade some and still be useful but at a point time to cut into pie slices for tire dressing applicators.

You would make great American Indian, my,i.e. waste nothing!

MoeMistry
09-17-2014, 01:35 PM
The velcro on one of my backing plates for my flex has been peeling up around the outer edge. Looking for a suggestion on what type of adhesive to repair it with. Also, I try to get the most out of my foam pads but not sure how to know when they are shot. Sometimes the cells on the face look like they are coming apart or they lose firmness. Is this the answer to a spent pad.
Thanks

How long have you had your flex?

I'd say just get a new one...they're not that expensive

CAD
09-17-2014, 01:48 PM
It's probably 6 months old. But the velcro started coming up right away.

MoeMistry
09-19-2014, 03:59 AM
It's probably 6 months old. But the velcro started coming up right away.

Just contact FLEX direct and see if they'll send you a new one. That's what I'd do. They're very nice people