PDA

View Full Version : CarPro Dlux vs CQ For Wheels

JordanL
09-30-2014, 11:55 PM
I was curious what the difference between using CP Dlux vs CQuartz or CQUK would be when using it for wheels. When I think of Dlux I think of it as a trim product. Is there an advantage of using Dlux over CQ or CQUK or vise versa? Thanks

Mark
10-01-2014, 01:09 AM
Hi,
This was just recently discussed just yesterday in Autogeek's forum (probably under Detailing 101), and I participated in the thread's discussion as I too was looking to be further enlightened, and educated with these particular products being discussed.

And I have used both UK, and DLX, IMO both are phenominal products earning mine, and many other's praises.

Dr. Pain, a member at both forums stated there at AG that he has found from experience that in his opinion he believes CP DLX to be the better product for wheels.

Now from my limited use, and experience of both products, about all I myself can say is that I strongly doubt that you could go wrong using either product, that either will protect better, and last a whole lot longer than any conventional wax or sealant made, period.

I say have both on hand, you will not regret the purchases.
Mark

richy
10-01-2014, 02:21 AM
I can't remember on UK. How soon after the first coat do you put the 2nd if doing it on wheels?

DARK HORSE
10-01-2014, 03:36 AM
I can't remember on UK. How soon after the first coat do you put the 2nd if doing it on wheels?

Hey Richy,

You need to wait a least 1 hour after the first application. However If you are in no rush you can wait longer.

richy
10-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Hey Richy,

You need to wait a least 1 hour after the first application. However If you are in no rush you can wait longer.

OK, thanks Tad. Not practical if you're doing barrels but it'll work fine for the faces.

James
11-10-2014, 10:36 PM
Hi Tad,

I applied Dlux to my wheels today, how long do you have to wait to buff off? I think I waited 5 minutes and it was kinda like rubber - similar to a pencil eraser on paper - did I apply to much product? I applied UK before and I waited 45 seconds before I buffed off - definitely a lot easier...

Corey
11-10-2014, 11:26 PM
Hi Tad,

I applied Dlux to my wheels today, how long do you have to wait to buff off? I think I waited 5 minutes and it was kinda like rubber - similar to a pencil eraser on paper - did I apply to much product? I applied UK before and I waited 45 seconds before I buffed off - definitely a lot easier...

Hi James, It will depend on temps and how thick it's applied but on non porous surfaces like this generally 2-3 minutes is what I see. It may be you applied too thick and also waited slightly too long. Good news is as long as you got it off you are golden now. I personally prefer UK instead of Dlux on wheels also and like Dlux for plastic and rubbers.

James
11-10-2014, 11:33 PM
Hi James, It will depend on temps and how thick it's applied but on non porous surfaces like this generally 2-3 minutes is what I see. It may be you applied too thick and also waited slightly too long. Good news is as long as you got it off you are golden now. I personally prefer UK instead of Dlux on wheels also and like Dlux for plastic and rubbers.

its 65 out, I probably applied to thick and I noticed it reacts different on chrome than uk did. I'll put another coat on tomorrow to be sure I have even coverage. Thanks Corey!

series1
11-11-2014, 07:13 PM
I personally prefer UK instead of Dlux on wheels also and like Dlux for plastic and rubbers.
Hey Corey, interesting you use CQUK for wheels instead of dlux. What's your reasoning behind this. Is CQUK as resistant to the higher temperatures that dlux is? Just curious on your opinion so thanks in advance

James
11-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Reapplied a second coat today, much better this time, definitely applied too much first go around...

DARK HORSE
11-11-2014, 10:14 PM
James, sorry i didn't get to this last night, but it looks like you got feedback straight from the well...lol Glad to hear you got it straightened out buddy!

Corey
11-12-2014, 04:19 AM
Hey Corey, interesting you use CQUK for wheels instead of dlux. What's your reasoning behind this. Is CQUK as resistant to the higher temperatures that dlux is? Just curious on your opinion so thanks in advance

Hey bud! For sure, they both have great temp resistance. I figure there is no way the wheels will get anywhere near the max temps any of the CQuartz coatings can handle so I feel good about either. I just feel CQUK is so easy to use on non porous surfaces and so extremely hard, glossy, and durable.

Corey
11-12-2014, 04:21 AM
Reapplied a second coat today, much better this time, definitely applied too much first go around...

Awesome James! In regards to Tads comment above... Truth be told- Tadman was driving last night and called me to make sure you weren't left hanging since he couldn't post and drive :) Thank you Tadman!!