PDA

View Full Version : New to me 2011 Mustang

Jeff
06-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Hi, can someone help me? I purchased a Mustang recently and want to take good care of it. It has about 30,000 miles on it. I do not need perfection or to invest in a polishing machine but I would like to clay it and put some protection on it regularly. Recommendations?

ChrisDA
06-07-2014, 11:38 PM
Hi Jeff and welcome!

Well CarPro products are considered by many professionals to be the best in the business for making sure your car is cared for. I'm pretty sure CarPro do a intro package of things that you need. I'll let Corey chime in on that one.

As for clay I'm pretty sure CarPro just released a bunch of awesome new Clay Bars and for protection I'd recommend CarPro Reload. Reload hands down is the best sealant in the world in my opinion and many others. If you wanted to go further then CQuartz and CQuartz UK are amazing semi-perm coatings and not expensive either!

Jeff
06-08-2014, 12:51 AM
Thank you Chris, I appreciate the help. I like the sound of this Reload and I'm going to go with that. I'll wait on Corey about the intro package you mentioned.

That brings up something else. I'm looking at this Marino Wool and also this Incredmitt. Which do you guys think would be better for me and why? I've read up on the soaps offered and going to get the Reset. I think its the one for me. Do those Grit Guard blue things fit regular buckets? Also has anyone used these wheel woolies? http://www.carpro-us.com/wheel-woolie-kit/

ChrisDA
06-08-2014, 12:56 AM
I have both the Merino Wool and Inredimitt and they are both insane! Although the Incredimitt really steps it up to the next level. It's amazing at getting off tough dirt but at the same time is super soft. I only use the Merino Wool mitt on cars that are well kept. As the wool is so fine lots of dirt can get stuck in the fibers and you need to brush it out.

Yup Grit Guards will fit regular buckets, and the wheel woolies are awesome. Reload is insane, wait until you try it ;)

Corey
06-08-2014, 01:09 AM
Thank you Chris, I appreciate the help. I like the sound of this Reload and I'm going to go with that. I'll wait on Corey about the intro package you mentioned.

That brings up something else. I'm looking at this Marino Wool and also this Incredmitt. Which do you guys think would be better for me and why? I've read up on the soaps offered and going to get the Reset. I think its the one for me. Do those Grit Guard blue things fit regular buckets? Also has anyone used these wheel woolies? http://www.carpro-us.com/wheel-woolie-kit/

Hi Jeff, welcome to the community forum! Great to have you here! Chris gave some great advice there. Reload is an excellent product and will give you gloss that lasts a few months rather than one that fades fast with a few washes. We will get you started with a nice package with everything you need. First lets get the rest of what you need figured. In the meantime go ahead and click on the "carpro store" icon at top right of the page and create an account in the store if you don't have one already.

In your case I am going to recommend the Microfiber Madness Incredimitt or Incredisponge (whichever you prefer as far as the way you hold it). CarPro Reset is a great pick. You will also need a drying towel. All our drying towels are excellent and the most popular is the Dry Me Crazy (http://www.carpro-us.com/microfiber-madness-dry-me-crazy-25-x-17/) but for you I believe the Waverider (http://www.carpro-us.com/microfiber-madness-waverider-40-x-20/) is your best choice.

Heres my recommendations so far-

CarPro Reset
Clay kit
Reload 500ml
Incredisponge (http://www.carpro-us.com/microfiber-madness-incredisponge/) (or mitt)
WaveRider

Yes, the grit guard will fit most regular 5 gallon buckets. My recommendation is after you receive your kit from us take the Grit Guard to your local Home Depot and match it before purchase. It will fit but that way your sure of it and don't have to make a second trip.

The Wheel woolies are AMAZING.... Pickup up some CarPro TRIX (http://www.carpro-us.com/trix-tar-iron-remover-1000ml/) along with them. I would get the whole kit but your wheels (assuming stock) need the large size woolie at the very least.

Detail2Correction
06-08-2014, 05:17 AM
This is a great thread OP and I'm sure we will see many more like this. Corey might I suggest a sticky post eventually to help new people starting out on what they need?

Jeff,

I have dealt with a lot of people in this business and I can say Corey is one of the best.

I remember when I started out, all the products out there can be overwhelming. Finding someone you trust and who knows what they are talking about is important. You have landed in the right spot for sure. :)

Grit guards have been mentioned which leads me to believe you are either using the two bucket wash method or are going to. Either way you are on the right track.

Knowing how to wash/dry your car correctly is just as important as the products you use. For example it's best to wash your car the length of the vehicle and not in circles like most people do. Why? Because if you induce marring or scratches while you are washing, due to the way light refracts, is much less noticeable if they are front to back of the car instead of a bunch of circles, Does that make sense?

A great car shampoo, two bucket method, wash mitt, drying towel, detail spray and technique are the most important things to possess.

The reason I mentioned detail spray is because good detail sprays are Ph neutral and will help prevent water spots. A lot of people like myself have hard water(I wash a lot of cars). Implementing a good detail spray into your drying process can greatly reduce, if I dare to say eliminate adding, water spots when washing.

Corey will point you in the right direction for sure.

J

Jeff
06-08-2014, 06:28 PM
WOW, thank you for all the advice boys. This is just what I was looking for, glad I joined :) Ok, I have everything in my cart and almost ready to order. Going to get the Incredisponge and TRIX and the rest of the things you guys mentioned. D2D, what detail spray should I use? The Waterless stuff? Victoria? Sonus Carnuba spray? http://www.carpro-us.com/quick-detail/ Yes, the grit guard I think I will do one bucket and just rinse the sponge out with hose before it gets dirty.

Corey
06-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Thanks Jeff! We've got amazing members here that truly have a passion for detailing and cars and love to help!

As far as the detail spray get the Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate bundle. Can NOT beat it with any other QD, rinse less, or detail spray on the market... And one bottle makes 5.5 gallons! A gallon makes 44 gallons lol. And all that with zero compromise.

Trix - excellent wheel cleaner and just remember to rinse all crannies well with the hose.

I see your account created here and I have it setup now so you can use the 15OFF code or you can use code FREE80 which is free shipping over 80$.

Any other questions or anything you need we are always here to help, thank you!

Jason, great idea about the sticky!! An "essentials" package thread. Thanks bud!