PDA

View Full Version : Reload 2014 Fixed!

Corey
10-27-2014, 05:17 AM
Hi Guys, I'm happy to report my shipment of the updated Reload is now in stock in both 500ml and starting today (Oct. 27th) 1 Liter sizes. This will be referred to on my store as "V.2014.2" for the next few weeks. After a few weeks it will be renamed to simply Reload once again.

Rick
10-27-2014, 10:59 AM
Hi Guys, I'm happy to report my shipment of the updated Reload is now in stock in both 500ml and starting today (Oct. 27th) 1 Liter sizes. This will be referred to on my store as "V.2014.2" for the next few weeks. After a few weeks it will be renamed to simply Reload once again.
Is the one I have broken? I haven't used it yet.

Dr_Pain
10-27-2014, 01:09 PM

It is NOT broken! It is just a little more finicky than what the average individual remembered the prior version to be so the feedback was taken back to Headquarter and they reformulated it based on what we loved about the previous batch.

The 2014 V1 was a more concentrated version boasting some INCREDIBLE results. I did do a review on it (if you want to read on it) -->(click here): REVIEW: CarPro Reload 2014<-- (http://carproforum.com/showthread.php?823-REVIEW-CarPro-Reload-2014-quot-New-amp-Improved-quot)

Corey
10-27-2014, 01:29 PM

Like Claude said the end results are intense with the ultra high concentrate version [emoji2]
Application is a matter if definite dilution, spraying enough in panel to fully work it even before it flashes, and following with secondary towel and even a damp towel if needed. If you email me the order # I can check which batch you got but I would most certainly give it a run on a panel even if it's the ultra high concentrate. Beads stand on points literally [emoji12]

Rick
10-27-2014, 01:40 PM
Like Claude said the end results are intense with the ultra high concentrate version [emoji2]
Application is a matter if definite dilution, spraying enough in panel to fully work it even before it flashes, and following with secondary towel and even a damp towel if needed. If you email me the order # I can check which batch you got but I would most certainly give it a run on a panel even if it's the ultra high concentrate. Beads stand on points literally [emoji12]

All good ! Thanks

Mark
10-29-2014, 07:02 PM
Hello Corey,
While I see you mention that another revision is now in your hands, I would surely like to hear more about it, and to hear how the newest version works.

It would be nice learning what was changed, both by what the factory states, and what properties you personally note are different?
Mark

Mark
11-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Seems real slow here lately. Hope to see some future comments-reviews of the new revision product.

Corey
11-02-2014, 01:21 AM
It is as previously stated upon release and described in depth here and on the store / before the batch that was too concentrated..

Facebook these days ends up with a lot of knowledge while convincing pros it's helpful to post on forums is a little challenging.

Thankfully we have some truly amazing character guys that do look to support the entire community and post here also.

slicksierra
11-04-2014, 11:34 PM
It is as previously stated upon release and described in depth here and on the store / before the batch that was too concentrated..

Facebook these days ends up with a lot of knowledge while convincing pros it's helpful to post on forums is a little challenging.

Thankfully we have some truly amazing character guys that do look to support the entire community and post here also.
Hey corey I placed an order that shipped out last Wednesday and I had some reload in there. Wondering if I got V1 or V2 cause I cut it down 1/1 with water and still was fighting the streaking! Thanks

Corey
11-05-2014, 01:38 AM
Hey corey I placed an order that shipped out last Wednesday and I had some reload in there. Wondering if I got V1 or V2 cause I cut it down 1/1 with water and still was fighting the streaking! Thanks

Hey bud! Would be V2 If ordered after the date I posted this thread. Here's my tips on how to apply.

Please let me know aid that solves it. If not, call me and we can figure out for 100% sure you got the right one AND another method that is foolproof.

Note, streaks are either product not buffed off or product re-deposited by a towel with reload in it instead if a proper dry final wipe towel.

With Reload it cures to the paint much stronger than wax so the difference in application is that you need to wipe it off completely before it flashes off on its own.

1. Shake well
2. Spray only the amount needed for one section (not an entire panel)
3.-IMMEDIATELY spread the product out with a short nap Microfiber Towel - ie Microfiber Madness Slogger and immediately buff in completely and off.
4.-IMPORTANT: Use a separate towel (preferably a Crazy Pile which is absorbent enough and just does a great job for this) This towel is to stay using dry sides throughout as your final wipe towel. With this towel immediately buff the area once more to be sure no streak remains
5.-Move to next section and repeat.

Note, any drops that blow onto other areas of paint may become streaky if left there awhile. As mentioned - one area and move on (not an entire hood) please let me know if this helps.

slicksierra
11-05-2014, 02:27 AM
Hey bud! Would be V2 If ordered after the date I posted this thread. Here's my tips on how to apply.

Please let me know aid that solves it. If not, call me and we can figure out for 100% sure you got the right one AND another method that is foolproof.

Note, streaks are either product not buffed off or product re-deposited by a towel with reload in it instead if a proper dry final wipe towel.

With Reload it cures to the paint much stronger than wax so the difference in application is that you need to wipe it off completely before it flashes off on its own.

1. Shake well
2. Spray only the amount needed for one section (not an entire panel)
3.-IMMEDIATELY spread the product out with a short nap Microfiber Towel - ie Microfiber Madness Slogger and immediately buff in completely and off.
4.-IMPORTANT: Use a separate towel (preferably a Crazy Pile which is absorbent enough and just does a great job for this) This towel is to stay using dry sides throughout as your final wipe towel. With this towel immediately buff the area once more to be sure no streak remains
5.-Move to next section and repeat.

Note, any drops that blow onto other areas of paint may become streaky if left there awhile. As mentioned - one area and move on (not an entire hood) please let me know if this helps.
This helps! This is where I went wrong I did a panel at a time. So now that I have figured that out. How do I get rid of the remaining streaks? I knocked a good bit of them down with some spray wax/quick retailer but still some remain. I was thinking after a hand wash maybe they would be gone. Thoughts?

Corey
11-05-2014, 07:23 AM
This helps! This is where I went wrong I did a panel at a time. So now that I have figured that out. How do I get rid of the remaining streaks? I knocked a good bit of them down with some spray wax/quick retailer but still some remain. I was thinking after a hand wash maybe they would be gone. Thoughts?

Well, they will wear off but bits very durable so will take time. You can first try using reload again or eraser but if that doesn't work it's not simple to remove them with rubbing with a paint cleaner and foam pad but FIRST let me ask if there's something else beneath like CQuartz or if it's reload on it's own?

Apologies if I'm late on my next reply- Sema week and having a hard time getting over here as much as id like. [emoji2]

slicksierra
11-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Well, they will wear off but bits very durable so will take time. You can first try using reload again or eraser but if that doesn't work it's not simple to remove them with rubbing with a paint cleaner and foam pad but FIRST let me ask if there's something else beneath like CQuartz or if it's reload on it's own?

Apologies if I'm late on my next reply- Sema week and having a hard time getting over here as much as id like. [emoji2]
2 coats of Cquartz Uk underneath!

Ivan Wong
11-17-2014, 03:10 AM
Sorry, i have ran into another problem with Reload lol.

So i received the "FIXED" version, and used it today.
I sprayed my hood with it, there was more than enough product for coverage.
However when i buff off, i can still see some oily residue on my hood that just won't buff off. BUT with a damp towel, they just flashed away instantly. The damp towel trick fixed this problem easily with this fixed version, unlike the highly concentrated one, it required multiple going over with the damp towel to remove.

But the bigger question is, shouldn't the "fixed" version simply be spray on and buff off? Without the need of a damp towel to help aid?

Corey
11-17-2014, 02:37 PM
Sorry, i have ran into another problem with Reload lol.

So i received the "FIXED" version, and used it today.
I sprayed my hood with it, there was more than enough product for coverage.
However when i buff off, i can still see some oily residue on my hood that just won't buff off. BUT with a damp towel, they just flashed away instantly. The damp towel trick fixed this problem easily with this fixed version, unlike the highly concentrated one, it required multiple going over with the damp towel to remove.

But the bigger question is, shouldn't the "fixed" version simply be spray on and buff off? Without the need of a damp towel to help aid?

In this case it's back to the original application directions. You don't want to spray all over the panel and overapply as was the case with the over concentrated version.