Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is something wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Reload is causing the issue as you are seeing the behavior of Reload and not the coating. Reload does not have the same contact angle as UK.

What I meant by a stronger wash was in reference to Reset. Reset was designed to be used on coated paint. It will not remove the properties of a coating. In fact it will clean the coating in a sense “Reset” the coating.

It is stronger than what you are currently using.

2. Likes Astatenate, Corey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Maybe Reload is causing the issue as you are seeing the behavior of Reload and not the coating. Reload does not have the same contact angle as UK.

What I meant by a stronger wash was in reference to Reset. Reset was designed to be used on coated paint. It will not remove the properties of a coating. In fact it will clean the coating in a sense “Reset” the coating.

It is stronger than what you are currently using.

Hmm well bumpers have the exact same 2 coats of UK and reload sprayed over them! And they’re doing just fine. I just don’t know what’s difference between my body of my car and bumpers. Besides bumpers are new, and coated 1 week ago where as the car was coated 1 month ago. Both are still very new. 2 layers of UK. And reload on top.

I’m just kind of against $20-25 reset wash I just really don’t think I have a reason to spend that much on wash. The current wash I’m using smells great, no additives and seems to wash it very well with little to no effort. Reload is also supposed to “reset” the coating as it’s a thin silica spray ya know? So reload shouldn’t be hurting it I wouldn’t think I’m just trying to figure out what’s different between bumpers and car. Both were applied the exact same.

Post Thanks / Like
    @TheGuz - also what if I wanted to add another coat just to be certain? How hard would that be? Just to the car itself (hood, doors, qtr panels) ? The coats only been on a month. Maybe a little less.

Could I just wash any wax / soap residues off with say a dish soap (without stripping existing coating) and wipe down with 70/30 IPA mix ?

And then apply another good coat of it. Buff and apply reload and let sit for 24-48 hrs again?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astatenate View Post
    @TheGuz - also what if I wanted to add another coat just to be certain? How hard would that be? Just to the car itself (hood, doors, qtr panels) ? The coats only been on a month. Maybe a little less.

Could I just wash any wax / soap residues off with say a dish soap (without stripping existing coating) and wipe down with 70/30 IPA mix ?

And then apply another good coat of it. Buff and apply reload and let sit for 24-48 hrs again?
    You are going to want to strip reload from the surface. Think of the prep as similar to applying Gliss. The prep for that is ironx, tarx and a strong wash with reset. Finally a wipedown with Eraser prior to applying another coat. Dish soap does nothing to strip any wax, sealant or coating.

The other option is lightly polishing those areas and reapply a fresh coat.

Good luck and hope it works the next time.

6. Thanks Astatenate thanked this post
    Likes Corey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are going to want to strip reload from the surface. Think of the prep as similar to applying Gliss. The prep for that is ironx, tarx and a strong wash with reset. Finally a wipedown with Eraser prior to applying another coat. Dish soap does nothing to strip any wax, sealant or coating.

The other option is lightly polishing those areas and reapply a fresh coat.

Good luck and hope it works the next time.

Oh really? I’ve stripped waxes and polishes off before with dish soap and coat of IPA. Now I know it won’t remove a coating of course. But I was thinking washing car good and a thorough wipe down with an IPA then applying an additional coat to vehicle would fix any issues in trouble spots. I guess I’m wrong ?

Or would just a light polish on qtr panels, doors and hoods then reapply coating be best bet? I’m just not sure what’s exactly wrong or if partially removing the coating and reapplying would be a waste of time & product.

I mean my coating doesn’t have any high spots, it does bead water, and stays clean for the most part. It just seems like the bumpers are way more aquaphobic than the car. And it could be the deep crystal wash I’m using. Maybe I’m not using enough of it. But the car looks plenty clean when I’m done and doesn’t take much effort at all to get dirt off. So it seems like the coating is on there. And definitely the paint is more glossy and deep looks like the car just got a fresh coat of clear coat. No light scratches or swirls. So I feel like the coating is definitely on there.

Besides that. I’ve used no spray retailers, waxes. Nothing. Only RELOAD, deep crystal and CQ UK applied 2 coats. That’s all.

Just trying to rule out the possible effects of either RELOAD causing it not to be as aqua phobic (not likely) since the bumpers also have RELOAD applied. Or the wash I’m using. It has no additives and cleans well. So not sure if maybe I’m not using enough or what. It says 4 caps per gal. So I been using 4-6 caps and putting roughly 1.5-2 gallons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astatenate View Post
    Oh really? I’ve stripped waxes and polishes off before with dish soap and coat of IPA. Now I know it won’t remove a coating of course. But I was thinking washing car good and a thorough wipe down with an IPA then applying an additional coat to vehicle would fix any issues in trouble spots. I guess I’m wrong ?

Or would just a light polish on qtr panels, doors and hoods then reapply coating be best bet? I’m just not sure what’s exactly wrong or if partially removing the coating and reapplying would be a waste of time & product.

I mean my coating doesn’t have any high spots, it does bead water, and stays clean for the most part. It just seems like the bumpers are way more aquaphobic than the car. And it could be the deep crystal wash I’m using. Maybe I’m not using enough of it. But the car looks plenty clean when I’m done and doesn’t take much effort at all to get dirt off. So it seems like the coating is on there. And definitely the paint is more glossy and deep looks like the car just got a fresh coat of clear coat. No light scratches or swirls. So I feel like the coating is definitely on there.

Besides that. I’ve used no spray retailers, waxes. Nothing. Only RELOAD, deep crystal and CQ UK applied 2 coats. That’s all.

Just trying to rule out the possible effects of either RELOAD causing it not to be as aqua phobic (not likely) since the bumpers also have RELOAD applied. Or the wash I’m using. It has no additives and cleans well. So not sure if maybe I’m not using enough or what. It says 4 caps per gal. So I been using 4-6 caps and putting roughly 1.5-2 gallons.
    Hopefully someone else comes by to offer help as I have run out of ideas other than polishing and reapplying at least to one section.

I will leave these two videos for you to watch about dish soap and let you deiced if it does anything.

9. Thanks Astatenate thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of great advice here guys. Thank you so much!

There are the usual reasons that water would not be repelling fast off the surface of a coated car.

1. - If the finish was not prepped correctly

2. - If the product was wiped off too fast

3. - If the car was exposed to salty roads or chemicals or coated in pollen too soon without curing

4. - If the surface is covered in dirt, pollen, brake dust, or other contaminants like overspray

Deep Crystal is not a pure wash like CarPro Reset. Regardless of how it is marketed it definitely contains stuff that Reset does not. I'm not so sure that it has anything to do with it in this case, but Reset would be the wash to use no doubt.

If you would like to discuss with service please email or call us directly anytime at all.

Best Regards,
    Corey

11. Thanks Astatenate, The Guz thanked this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Lots of great advice here guys. Thank you so much!

There are the usual reasons that water would not be repelling fast off the surface of a coated car.

1. - If the finish was not prepped correctly

2. - If the product was wiped off too fast

3. - If the car was exposed to salty roads or chemicals or coated in pollen too soon without curing

4. - If the surface is covered in dirt, pollen, brake dust, or other contaminants like overspray

Deep Crystal is not a pure wash like CarPro Reset. Regardless of how it is marketed it definitely contains stuff that Reset does not. I'm not so sure that it has anything to do with it in this case, but Reset would be the wash to use no doubt.

If you would like to discuss with service please email or call us directly anytime at all.

Best Regards,
    Corey
    Hopefully someone else comes by to offer help as I have run out of ideas other than polishing and reapplying at least to one section.

I will leave these two videos for you to watch about dish soap and let you deiced if it does anything.

OK OK OK Guz you we're right! LMFAO, regardless I used clay bar and IPA as well a strong dilution IPA and made sure there were no oils or waxes left over before doing a final wipe down before applying coating.

In regards to everything else, maybe I am crazy or maybe it's the high pressure water at the local coin wash. I use the coin wash for WATER only! I use my own wash, buckets with grit guards and own wash mit. But upon inspection of my car today during the rain. The front bumper and body of car seem to bead the exact same, ALSO when driving it's definitely beading off as I drive 40mph or over and it literally rolls off the hood. I'm thinking it either has something to do with the UK not being slick (without RELOAD) and so the water does come off but doesn't bead off more or less sheets off. Upon watching cars parked next to mine in the parking lot, the other cars the water just stuck to the paint and didn't roll, sheet, bead or nothing. So my coating and car is definitely resisting water and dirt.

So I've only washed the car twice since coating nearly a month ago, I believe one of a few things could cause it. Either the UK is not slick where RELOAD is not applied and sheets off, and where RELOAD is applied good it beads up more. As my process for bumpers and car was done the exact same with the same products.

Corey as far as the wash, I do know it's not like RESET. I will eventually buy RESET. But for now I haven't seen any issues with additives, or problems removing dirt. Seems to do a good job with very little product.

I think I was just being picky and a little crazy. I will try washing with my pressure washer / foam cannon and garden hose and watch it bead up better / more at home next wash. I'll eventually get my hands on RESET. But for now the Deep Crystal is doing the job. And RELOAD is also doing an amazing job!

Post Thanks / Like
    http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...psupqidsyk.jpg

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3bytpupp.jpg

See it’s beading just fine now, my wash hasn’t given me an issue yet, reload seems to do it’s job and keep it slick and an extra layer of protection! So guess it’s just something to do with the water at the coin wash or something! Or maybe just the fact the hood is flat and bumpers aren’t.

But it’s definitely beading and keeping the car cleaner. It’s also much glossier! Plus isn’t the full cure time 30 days?
    Last edited by Astatenate; 03-01-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12