Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Carpro Gliss!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fdresq4 View Post
    I was gonna try Gliss as a topper for Finest. 7 inches if snow and cold temps have curtailed that..,LOl!!
    Well that stinks. Mine will be here soon. I plan to re-coat my camaro and debating what to use as a base UK or TiO2 then Gliss.

2. Thanks fdresq4 thanked this post
    Likes fdresq4 liked this post
    Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Well that stinks. Mine will be here soon. I plan to re-coat my camaro and debating what to use as a base UK or TiO2 then Gliss.
    Thanks, Guz.. Moving south soon hopefully will be able to do it sooner rather than later.

Hhhmmmmm, you’ve got a bit of a conundrum there. You’re out west? I think I’d give the Ti02 the nod....
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to use Gliss on my wife's Escape and father-in-law's Colorado, both of which I coated with CQuartz (regular).

Edit: I believe I'm going to apply Essence Plus and then a coat of Gliss unless y'all advise otherwise.
    Last edited by Jaddie; 12-13-2017 at 09:29 AM.
    — Jaddie

5. Likes DiamondDetail liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    I'm going to use Gliss on my wife's Escape and father-in-law's Colorado, both of which I coated with CQuartz (regular).

Edit: I believe I'm going to apply Essence Plus and then a coat of Gliss unless y'all advise otherwise.
    IIRC Essence Plus is advised to be used on top of a coating not under.
    E+ purpose IIRC is to fill fine swirls, add gloss and hydrophobicity on top of a coating.

I'm not sure the correct combo when applying both E+/Gliss products on top of Cquartz?

Someone chime in here?

7. Likes budgetplan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post

Hello mu friend! Merry Christmas Jaddie! I would advise NOT to use Es PLUS underneath. In fact unfortunately we should not use Essence under GLISS either. We either want to prep like we would for a coating or at the very least we want to completely strip any dirt, tar, and do a decontamination - i.e. Reset, Iron X, Reset, Eraser, coat. IF Reload has been used on it in past then it needs Tar X in the process between Reset and Iron X.

9. Thanks Merlin, Jaddie, nisensai thanked this post
    Likes Merlin, Jaddie, nisensai liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Gliss for use above 70 degrees fahrenheit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I would advise NOT to use Es PLUS underneath. In fact unfortunately we should not use Essence under GLISS either.
    We either want to prep like we would for a coating or at the very least we want to completely strip any dirt, tar, and do a decontamination
    - i.e. Reset, Iron X, Reset, Eraser, coat. IF Reload has been used on it in past then it needs Tar X in the process between Reset and Iron X.
    So what I gathered from this is...

1) Gliss is a coating for a coating. Required prep for Gliss is the same a coating.

- i.e. Reset, Iron X, Reset, Eraser, coat.

IF Reload has been used on it in past then it needs Tar X in the process between Reset and Iron X.

- i.e. Reset, Tar X, Iron X, Reset, Eraser, coat.

2) Essense Plus is for use on "top" of a coating.

A CQuartz coating - i.e. UK, TiO2, CQ Pro or CQFR can NOT be applied on top of Essence Plus.

12. Likes nisensai liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unofficial vid...

Please...Please...Subscribe to my YouTube Channel...I'm trying to get 100+ Subscribers
    Please click this link -> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGH...nY6y5CXd2-pcFg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Unofficial vid...

Please...Please...Subscribe to my YouTube Channel...I'm trying to get 100+ Subscribers
    Cool video

Subscribed!
    Official CarPro Retailer for Mexico

Come join us!
    http://www.carpro.com.mx/
    https://www.facebook.com/CarproMexico

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are two unofficial vids.

Gold

Blue

Which one do you like better Gold or Blue?

Shameless Plug...Please...Subscribe to my YouTube Channel...I'm trying to get 100+ Subscribers

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast