Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you a "Detailer?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Kamakaz, I share your thoughts as well. As well as my never ending swirl finder eyes at a stop light.
    Rupes (Roo-Pes)

Post Thanks / Like
    I think being a "detailer" is being someone who finds out what the main concerns the customer has for their vehicle. Identifies them as realistic or unrealistic based upon what the customer wants, and the defects that need to be removed.

When you get someone who is unrealistic and wont listen to logic, you simply tell them "I don't think we would be a good fit for what you want"

When you get the "realistic" person, you meet all his/her wants, and exceed them if possible. This customer will come back to you and refer friends and family.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the second paragraph ilovereflect. Why climb a tree to sell a problem? I'm not sure this has anything to do with "are you a detailer" but certainly as a general business practice in this industry or any other, seems practical to be. Although being in retail the last ten plus years, customer arrogance spells disaster for both parties.
    Rupes (Roo-Pes)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Worthrj View Post
    I like the second paragraph ilovereflect. Why climb a tree to sell a problem? I'm not sure this has anything to do with "are you a detailer" but certainly as a general business practice in this industry or any other, seems practical to be. Although being in retail the last ten plus years, customer arrogance spells disaster for both parties.
    I had two people contact me this past week wanting me to detail their vehicles. First one was a lady with a nice 2014 Lexus, she had plenty of money, and was willing to pay for a full correction. When I asked her what her main concern was, she opened the door and showed me scratches from her heels that were completely through the clear coat. Can't do it. She couldn't understand no matter how I explained it.

Second was a guy with a truck he uses to hunt with, he didn't want correction. His main concerns, had a few places that had some paint transfer from rubbing against something, a dealership sticker that was worn and faded, and wanted "wax" for shine. We agreed on a wash/ speedy prep/ spot polish/ sealant. I got the sticker off and removed all the "ghosting", removed all the paint transfer, and used Fixer by hand under the door handles to remove the fingernail scratches, he didn't ask me to do this, but it really needed it. I got a nice tip from him. Win/win.

Post Thanks / Like
    Clear silicone caulking always fills the clear coat great. (Joking). Everybody, has two things, opinions and a##holes. It's the attitude behind the opinion that gets me. A humble opinion okay...

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
    Rupes (Roo-Pes)

Post Thanks / Like
    Clear silicone caulking always fills the clear coat great. (Joking). Everybody, has two things, opinions and a##holes. It's the attitude behind the opinion that gets me. A humble opinion okay...

I'm kind of lost by this statement. I don't feel as I've been an A##...., just sharing my experience with what being a "detailer" means to me, no intention to offend anyone. If you don't agree, that is your right.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Youre reading too much into that post ILoveReflectPolish. He was just making a comment, not about you, just in general.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveReflectPolish View Post
    I'm kind of lost by this statement. I don't feel as I've been an A##...., just sharing my experience with what being a "detailer" means to me, no intention to offend anyone. If you don't agree, that is your right.
    I was referring to the "bad" customers.

Rupes (Roo-Pes)

Post Thanks / Like
    I was referring to the "bad" customers.

My mistake, I apologize.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12