Thread: Product Storage

Post Thanks / Like

Product Storage

Hope this isn't a dumb question...but products such as wax, sealants, polish, etc. are they better preserved if you avoid keeping them in the garage where they may be exposed to extreme heat/cold. I live in Vegas where triple digits in the summer are common...and we've been known to get below freezing in the winter but not often. I keep the paste waxes (carnuba) inside as I'm sure they'd melt in the garage...are other products adversely affected by these kinds of temperature extremes?

Post Thanks / Like

Product Storage

It's a very good question actually! One we have all asked for sure. The answer isn't as clear cut as you would want but in general I subscribe to the following.

Protective products, wax, sealants, and coatings are the most important to protect from extreme temperature swings.

Polishes are next in my mind although this will vary WIDELY between them AND many contain a qty of solvent that allows them to go below 32 before freezing and separating.

Cleaners, dressings, and all will also vary widely but in most cases the "worst case scenario" isn't very bad.

In summary I would try to avoid as best you can and if you have limited hvac area for products go in that order. Finally there are certain products you don't want in your house breathing the fumes - generally the cleaners (some due to content and/or some because they are in large volumes usually)
    Last edited by Corey; 12-05-2014 at 01:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Corey answered your question now the question to you is why is your name NYC-Style if your from Vegas?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm from NYC (Da Bronx)...now living in Las Vegas!
    Last edited by NYC-STYLE; 12-06-2014 at 01:10 AM.