Thread: 1999 BMW M3 Sedan (CQUK Package w/ Dual-Stage Paint Correction and DLUX trim coating)

Post Thanks / Like

1999 BMW M3 Sedan (CQUK Package w/ Dual-Stage Paint Correction and DLUX trim coating)

This BMW looked to be in decent shape when it arrived for a vehicle with roughly 160,000 miles, other than being rather dirty from use over the winter. However after the initial wash, the true condition of the paint was exposed. The paint was heavily swirled, so it was decided to do a two-stage paint correction on it, before applying the Cquartz UK Edition coating.

PICTURES OF THE CAR AS IT ARRIVED

WASHING PROCESS
    I proceded to foam the car with chemical guys citrus wash & clear using my foam lance. The factory wheels were cleaned with megs APC+ for just a light cleaning since they are going to be removed. The car was then washed with citrus wash & clear also.

After washing and drying the car the true condition of the paint was exposed. The car was very heavily swirled from front to back.

DUAL-STAGE PAINT CORRECTION PROCESS
    I performed two test spots using my Rupes LHR 15. I first tried using Menzerna FG400 with an orange lake country cutting pad on the rear spoiler, however I was not acheiving the results I was looking for. I than tried Megs M105 with a meguiars MF cutting pad, followed by M205 on a white lake country polishing pad and finally had the finish I was looking for. This is the process I used on the rest of the car.

A nice 50/50 shot of the trunk lid.

Another 50/50 shot of the hood. This color really popped once all the swirls were removed, and the gloss was outstanding!

FINAL COATING OF CQUK APPLIED
    After the car was completely compounded and polished I gave it a final IPA wipe down, followed by a wipe down with CarPro Eraser to prep it to receive its coating of CQuartz UK Edition (CQUK) on the painted surfaces, and CQuartz DLUX on the trim. I also applied CQUK to the new wheels that were purchased for the car.
    WHEEL APPLICATION

PAINT APPLICATION

The gloss after the coating is outstanding! The paint looks like a mirror in the correct lighting, just as shown above.

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a KMG fan, everything you touch turns to gold.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
    Rupes (Roo-Pes)