Thread: Preventing S3 dusting

Post Thanks / Like

Preventing S3 dusting

I have been using S3 for a couple months now. It cuts good and leaves a good finish like others have said. Only thing I don't like is the dusting I have been experiencing. I use it with a flex 3401 and orange b-n-s foam pad. Am I doing something wrong? Trying to use it too long? Or is this normal? Also wondered how S3 compares to using M105 with a DA. I haven't used it much. Thanks for the help,

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe try using more product. I've been using the S3 gold XXL quite a bit lately & get little to no dusting & extremely long work times per panel. The cap on the small S3 gold XXL bottle is not the best & will not allow you to put a fine line of product on the pad so I just dab the bottle on my pad several times usually putting more product than I would with a traditional style cap. I use it with a MF pad on a flex. Try using CarPro's fixer before the 105.
    Chris Kessler
    Owner/operator
    Southeastmobiledetail.com

Certified Finest Installer Detail2Correction's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've used S3 several times with the SC white spider pad and have had problems with it dusting. I normally end up using FG400 instead. I know S3 is fantastic and I need a little more "seat time" with it to figure it out.
    Detail 2 Correction
    Professional paint correction, detailing and coatings

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CAD View Post
    I have been using S3 for a couple months now. It cuts good and leaves a good finish like others have said. Only thing I don't like is the dusting I have been experiencing. I use it with a flex 3401 and orange b-n-s foam pad. Am I doing something wrong? Trying to use it too long? Or is this normal? Also wondered how S3 compares to using M105 with a DA. I haven't used it much. Thanks for the help,
    Try this pad - http://www.carpro-us.com/fourth-of-j...-sandwich-pad/
    Works a treat with less dusting

Like Chris said xxl dusts less but EVERY compound must either dust, clog and stop cutting, or not cut very well at all.

Compound removes a lot of clear coat fast and that clear coat must go somewhere. So it's either going into the air or into the pad. If it goes into the pad it stops cutting real fast.

That spider pad helps control all that and keeps working throughout the cycle.

Also, play with your speeds. Slow, then up to fast, and then step down as the Scholl concepts ipt signals you to do so.