Thread: Madness for the Car-Pro line

Post Thanks / Like

Madness for the Car-Pro line

Hey guys!

I was hoping we could get a thread going where people can discuss what towels/mitts work best with Car-Pro products. I am specifically looking for the Microfiber Madness towels, but if there is a CarPro towel that works better, obviously I would like that noted too.

I am about to make a purchase of towels and think this could be beneficial for others looking to purchase towels.

Iron X:
    Reset:
    Spotless:
    Tar X:
    TRIX:
    Eraser:
    Reflect:
    Fixer:
    Ultima WW+:
    CQuartz Dlux:
    CQuartz:
    CQuartz UK:
    CQuartz Finest:
    PERL:
    Ceriglass:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    We didnt work actually with ALL CarPro products, so we dont have an experience for all listed product. What we can tell you:

Even if this is negative for our Business: We personally DONT use our towels for: IronX, TarX or Trix! For sure, if you have a very delicate paint you could chose a Slogger towel if needed. But if you have a regular paint, in our point of view our products are "too good" for this job. ;-) At the end its a personal decision and its like "Angel on the left, devil on the right". So if you want the best product for these CarPro products, chose the Slogger and mark it for future use as the "dirt towel". Especially when you work with TarX, its often a tough challenge to remove the orange smell out of the towel! I personally know some People who throw the TarX towel away after every use - and if you want to do this with a Madness towel... its an real expensive way of detailing ;-)

Dont misunderstand us: We fight since years against peoples opinion, to use bad quality towels for bad jobs. But we separate between the surface! So if you are doing a Job with a scratch risc, you should use the best suitable towel. If you are working for example at door jambs, engine area or exhaust - we personally think twice if we use a premium Slogger or similar Madness towel or if we grab the bulk towel for a penny ;-)

On the opposite: We have lots of customers who tell us, that they use the worst towel they have to remove bird droppings with a detailer. We ALWAYS ask "Why you dont use the Crazy Pile or Summit 800?" - the answer is always the same: "I dont want to use this great towel for this shitty Job, its TOO GOOD!". For sure, this is a honor for us and for the product, but we always reply: "Just think about it! You are removing a bird poo on your Hood on your black car. Your one and only target is to remove this without damaging your paint! So even if its hard to do, please chose the softest and most fluffy towel you have in your box - it will help you to keep the scratch risk low and helps to pickup most of the dropping inside the fabric". After we explain, most customers agree and use These towels in the future for this Job.

Finally you can always wash yout towel easier and faster than removing scratches or bird etching out of your paint! :-)

Regarding the other CarPro products: We had great experience removing the CquartzUK with the Yellow Fellow towel. Same experience with Reload which yould be easily removed with YF towel or also with Crazy Pile.

Regarding the others we have honestly no experience yet!

Hope this could help a Little bit. Anyway its a good idea with this thread! Hope others could reply too and make the list complete to help others decide which towel fits best (even if its NOT a Madness towel ;-) )

Post Thanks / Like
    Great reply!

Bob, I'll add some thoughts to your question also but don't want to rush my typing Will be back late today

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MicrofiberMadness View Post
    Hope this could help a Little bit. Anyway its a good idea with this thread! Hope others could reply too and make the list complete to help others decide which towel fits best (even if its NOT a Madness towel ;-) )
    Thanks for responding to my post in such a detailed manner! It is pretty neat to be able to interact with a source from this popular brand! I appreciate your tips and have added those items to my cart! I cant wait to hear what others have to say so I can go ahead and place this order. Thanks again for taking the time to respond, it is greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Great reply!

Bob, I'll add some thoughts to your question also but don't want to rush my typing Will be back late today
    Awesome, Corey! I am looking forward to it! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by b0b View Post
    Thanks for responding to my post in such a detailed manner! It is pretty neat to be able to interact with a source from this popular brand! I appreciate your tips and have added those items to my cart! I cant wait to hear what others have to say so I can go ahead and place this order. Thanks again for taking the time to respond, it is greatly appreciated!
    I agree! It's a real treat!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by b0b View Post
    Hey guys!

I was hoping we could get a thread going where people can discuss what towels/mitts work best with Car-Pro products. I am specifically looking for the Microfiber Madness towels, but if there is a CarPro towel that works better, obviously I would like that noted too.

I am about to make a purchase of towels and think this could be beneficial for others looking to purchase towels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Iron X: - No towels needed - Here I would actually use a regular foam sponge, nothing special if I wanted to agitate it. Like this one NOW, that was assuming I am going to be polishing in a later step. IF the paint was polished to perfection already and a few months later I am using Iron X then I would use a better sponge or mitt which I would dedicate for the Iron X being particular as I am.

Reset: Incredimitt, Incredisponge, or Incredipad matter of preference (I prefer mitts usually and love this one but find myself reaching for that sponge a lot.

Spotless: - The Slogger or the CarPro Suede towels - Spray directly on the towel and lightly wipe until spots flash away. Next, remove any spotless acidic residue with some Ultima waterless wipe in that area

Tar X: - Here honestly I will probably use my less costly mf towel IF a towel is needed. Often the tar x will just melt away. If thick then a few wipes help and I would go slogger.

TRIX: - Here I am likely using it in the wheels with the wheel woolies. On paint - Same thing as Iron X

Eraser: I have used the YF 1.0 for a long time with Eraser. I believe I will study summit 800 and Crazy Pile for this side by side with the YF 1.0 being phased out.

Reflect: YELLOW FELLOW!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Fixer: YELLOW FELLOW!!!!!!

Ultima WW+: Crazy Pile or Summit 800 (depending) Most will of for Crazy pile all though Summit 800 was designed to work very well with this type of product.

CQuartz Dlux: No Madness towel used here... If applying to textured plastic trim work the Dlux in evenly the first time and there is NO need to wipe it off UNLESS you want to tame the gloss slightly. Important! Dont wipe hard.. just very light drag across the surface will make it so after cure it doesn't reflect as much sun.

CQuartz: CarPro 16"x16" Suedes OR slogger possibly

CQuartz UK: CarPro 16"x16" Suedes

CQuartz Finest: CarPro 16"x16" Suedes

PERL: Slogger for sure

Ceriglass: Cheap towels (they won't scratch glass regardless)

Reload: Spray, Spread and buff in with Yellow Fellow - Then final buff with Crazy Pile before moving on.
    Last edited by Corey; 06-28-2014 at 03:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    What about Reload?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    What about Reload?
    Updated
    Reload: Spray, Spread and buff in and off with Yellow Fellow - Then final wipe with Crazy Pile before moving on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Reload: I use a slogger to spread and buff with a summit 800.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Reload: I use a slogger to spread and buff with a summit 800.
    Great solution there as well! With YF original version retired I too recommend Slogger for the spread and initial buff.