Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CarPro PERL, where do you use it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatAvalon View Post
    How is the sheen for the interior? How long does it usually last? What do you dilute it to for interior?
    I use a 1:2 ratio for the interior, has a slight sheen but I use sparingly - applied once every 3 weeks. If its too shiny, you can always dilute it some more. I only use distilled water, don't trust the tap!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I use a 1:2 ratio for the interior, has a slight sheen but I use sparingly - applied once every 3 weeks. If its too shiny, you can always dilute it some more. I only use distilled water, don't trust the tap!
    Ok cool. Good point about diluting it more if needed.

I wonder if PERL have UV protectants in it?...
    2016 Toyota Tundra Limited | 2014 Toyota RAV4 Limited - CQUK

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok cool. Good point about diluting it more if needed.

I wonder if PERL have UV protectants in it?...
    Yes it does

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it does
    Proven? haha ok cool, I need to give it a try. I'm just afraid it will be too shiny and I won't be able to get rid of the sheen. That's why I haven't put much of anything on my interior so far.
    Last edited by GreatAvalon; 06-11-2014 at 03:15 AM.

Certified Finest Installer
    Post Thanks / Like
    PERL is my go to for the engine bay, I'll spray it on with my mini HVLP gun then blow any excess off with my air gun into a cotton towel I keep close to the nozzle, doing that really assists me in getting into all the nook and crannies and leaves a very nice finish, I usually go behind and do a final quick wipe down just to make sure everything has a smooth and even look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Proven? haha ok cool, I need to give it a try. I'm just afraid it will be too shiny and I won't be able to get rid of the sheen. That's why I haven't put much of anything on my interior so far.
    I personally like the slight sheen, try a 1:5 ratio. I have to correct myself, i know Perl offers UV protection but as to your question of UV protectants in it, that I don't know. I'm sure Corey can answer that for us...

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally like the slight sheen, try a 1:5 ratio. I have to correct myself, i know Perl offers UV protection but as to your question of UV protectants in it, that I don't know. I'm sure Corey can answer that for us...
    Even at 5:1 there has to be benefits to using PERL rather than running around with a naked interior. At least that makes sense to me. You're right, Corey probably knows.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use PERL mainly @ 1:1 with distilled water for tires and engine compartment. I haven't tried using it for interior work yet. Maybe I will give 1:4 a try on my interior once and see how it looks and holds up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just used it for the first time on my tires. I was all set and dressed the tires- then I rolled the car forward a little bit to ensure even coverage. Went out to apply the second coat about 20 min later and I rolled it out of the shade and into the sun.... PERL 1:1 plus sun = too much gloss lol!
    The other side in the shade looks fantastic.

Certified Finest Installer Pureshine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only use on tires and engines bay. I'm firm believer that you should never dress interiors and I only anti-static cleaner for interiors.

Todd Randich
    todd@pureshinedetailing.com
    www.pureshinedetailing.com
    Do great work and customers will come

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast