Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: CarPro Reset

Post Thanks / Like

Review: CarPro Reset

Reset Intensive Car Shampoo

I really enjoy the CarPro bottles both for appearance and functionality reasons. The lid is a great feature and makes sure that you waste no product.

The directions on the bottle are simple and to the point
    - Dilute 1 : 400 with water
    - Wash your car thoroughly using wool wash mitt
    - Rinse well with water

Manufacturer Claims

CarPro Reset was formulated as the perfect partner to nanotechnology based sealants and coatings, with cleaning properties tailored to their unique needs. Utilizing Intelligent pH Surfactants, Reset breaks down road grime and traffic films with the power of an alkaline cleaner, whilst being as gentle on the surface as a pH-neutral shampoo. Afterwards Reset quickly rinses free from the surface, leaving behind no soap residues or interfering silicones, and restoring the beading and dirt releasing properties (The ‘Hydrophobic Effect’) of the surface to help maintain its protection. Combined with excellent lubrication, a strong foaming action for improved dirt suspension, and a high dilution ratio, this makes for a highly effective and economical wash. At the same time, Reset is almost entirely based upon naturally occurring, organic ingredients, making it as safe for the environment and for the user as it is for the vehicle. If dirt is hiding the beauty of your car or motorcycle, then you know that it is time for a Reset!
    A little bit of this shampoo goes a long way. At 1:400 dilution, this is an economical shampoo that works and is pH- Neutral.

Quick Facts
    1.- pH: pH-Neutral (7)
    2.- Viscosity: Thin
    3.- Color: Clear
    4.- Scent: Chemical
    5.- Regular Price: $24.99
    6.- Size: 1 Liter (33oz)
    7.- Manufacturer: CarPro
    8.- Made in: Korea

So -- How does it perform? Will I be buying this again?

This product lives up to the manufacture claims. I was noticing a lack of beading on my coated car so I decided to buy Reset and try it out. I have never used Reset before so I was sort of skeptical of the results. I assumed the coating had simply failed in areas -- hence the lack of beading. I did a two bucket wash with Reset following the directions on the bottle and I was amazed with the results. This was THE BEST car shampoo that I have ever used. I could not believe the difference in the how easy my mitt slid across the paint. Not only that, but I could instantly see noticeably improved sheeting throughout the whole car.

The whole car is beading again and is sheeting better than ever. This is truly a wonderful soap and I will be using this for a long time... If you have a coated car and have not tried Reset out yet, do yourself a favor and try it! Enjoy the pictures!

Last edited by Corey; 08-15-2014 at 03:01 AM.

2. Likes nisensai, dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great review! I agree. I recently got some reset on Corey' recommendation and it's by far the best shampoo I've used on my coated car. One of my favorite features is how easily it rinses off. Most other soaps seem to stick and not want to rinse off around my roof rack, hood scoop or wing. Reset does not have this problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome review Bob!!! Thank you so much for posting Its really cool to see a product from conception to what I just read above When testing during beta you find all kinds of cool things to try to figure out and change and perfect and not mess up other things and you get there BUT once its released it is tested in 100000 situations after all the variables are said and done and you always wonder if everyone else will get the results you do! You NEVER know for sure!! Then guys start using it on other coatings and in slightly different ways and experimenting and its just so cool to learn from everyone! After multiple reviews mentioning the "Reset" of the coating I think CarPro really nailed it with the name too! It really does "Reset" it! I witnessed this after washing Hydro2 with it as well. Really great stuff! And thanks again for the review!! I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to document and post it here.

5. Likes dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great review Bob!

Certified Nuba Installer Dr Oldz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review! How will this soap react to typical waxes and sealants? Is also a good choice b4 a complete detail to get a deep down clean? I ask this because I am assuming it is stronger than typical shampoos being that it is designed for coated vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Nice review! How will this soap react to typical waxes and sealants? Is also a good choice b4 a complete detail to get a deep down clean? I ask this because I am assuming it is stronger than typical shampoos being that it is designed for coated vehicles.
    I tested it (briefly) on some very weak waxes during beta to check for that and they weren't removed by it at all. HOWEVER a friend and additional tester went through multiple cycles on wax and found it to begin to remove after (I think he said 12) washes.

It has zero negative affect on Hydro2 or Reload and won't deteriorate a traditional wax/sealant fast enough to change when you would have re-applied it.

9. Likes dman68 liked this post
    Certified Nuba Installer Dr Oldz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Corey!

Post Thanks / Like
    My pleasure buddy! Thank you!! DDMJ!

Post Thanks / Like
    No surprise another great carpro product!! Nice review though Bob.

P.S. Corey get some sleep!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you please expand on dilution? 1:400. Is that 1 part reset to 4 parts water?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast