Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Review: CarPro Reset

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Hi,
    Can't tell you the concentration off the top of my head, but am sure I tried following directions of the mix ratio exactly.

It should be noted also, that this was a "reloaded" CQ UK Coating, not sure that should have made any difference?
    Hi Mark,

I'm sure sorry to hear of this. As Mentioned earlier, Reset is VERY concentrated (about 400:1 ratio). I use 1.5oz soap to a 5 gallon bucket of warm water. Definitely should not have mattered if the vehicle was "reloaded" or not. In any case if you have eliminated external variables (such as dilution ratio, cross contamination, etc.) and are unhappy for any reason, please contact Corey with your order number, and you will be taken care of promptly...
    Tad

2. Likes dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fdresq4 View Post
    Hi Mark,

Any chance of cross contamination? Have you used any other soap/shampoo products that may have contained additives, i.e. Wax, gloss enhancers?

Steve
    ^^ Good thought Steve!
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like
    No, no other products used.

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure why...I have used RESET and my buddy with well and city water. My well is neutralized and softened and my buddy's straight city water. My truck is CQ Finest with Reload and my buddy's CQUK with Reload and no issues.
    I have used it on waxed vehicles too.
    Sorry to hear it.

Steve
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

Post Thanks / Like
    No, no other products used.
    Mark, please be sure to call with your order # so we can make it right for you.
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DARK HORSE View Post
    Mark, please be sure to call with your order # so we can make it right for you.
    This film that I mention seeing was left behind prior to wiping down the vehicle, and then would be gone with a dry-wipe down with MF Towel, but anywhere on the vehicle, a simple finger swipe while still wet would tell the tale prior.

I would still have a tendency to perhaps believe "user error", and that if I use the product again, that I'll pay very strict attention to dilution ratios like a lab technician.

Still, and with other shampoos I use on my other vehicle, such as Duragloss, I never have experienced filming issues with a lack of attention to dilution ratios. That any haphazard mixture rinses clean with no filming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Still, and with other shampoos I use on my other vehicle, such as Duragloss, I never have experienced filming issues with a lack of attention to dilution ratios. That any haphazard mixture rinses clean with no filming.
    I agree with you Mark, it certainly shouldn't make a difference with Reset either (I know that over the years I have certainly over dosed the mix). I was just "reaching" because I've never heard of this issue with Reset before and I am at kind of a loss on this one. I believe Reset to be the cleanest rinsing soap I've ever used, and we take pride in the fact that it leaves nothing behind...

** OK, so I just bounced this off Corey. The only thought he had was; Is it possible it was left on the paint to long before rinsing, maybe started to dry on the paint? I hated to ask this because I definitely know you are no rookie, but I can't think of anything else... Very strange. Please try it again and if it doesn't work for you, please let me know and I'll get another bottle out to you, so we can eliminate that as a variable...
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you Mark, it certainly shouldn't make a difference with Reset either (I know that over the years I have certainly over dosed the mix). I was just "reaching" because I've never heard of this issue with Reset before and I am at kind of a loss on this one. I believe Reset to be the cleanest rinsing soap I've ever used, and we take pride in the fact that it leaves nothing behind...

** OK, so I just bounced this off Corey. The only thought he had was; Is it possible it was left on the paint to long before rinsing, maybe started to dry on the paint? I hated to ask this because I definitely know you are no rookie, but I can't think of anything else... Very strange. Please try it again and if it doesn't work for you, please let me know and I'll get another bottle out to you, so we can eliminate that as a variable...
    For sure, our municipal water here would not win any purity awards. You would understand how Carlsbad Caverns formed. What Corey says could be a possibility too, letting the soapy solution sit just a little too long prior to rinsing.

I always try to work quickly to avoid soaps from drying, and also the possibility of water spotting occurring which can be a problem here too with the water, but sometimes with the desert heat, and low humidity, things can dry awful fast here.

Sometimes I can water my lawn here, it looks bone dry 1/2 hour later, and same with my carport slab after washing my vehicles, the concrete is dry in no time. Evaporation occurs quickly here usually.

As for the Reset I had bought, it is absolutely as crystal clear as pure water in the Bottle, I never seen a "cleaner" looking shampoo product, ever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another great review!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mark,

I'm sure sorry to hear of this. As Mentioned earlier, Reset is VERY concentrated (about 400:1 ratio). I use 1.5oz soap to a 5 gallon bucket of warm water. Definitely should not have mattered if the vehicle was "reloaded" or not. In any case if you have eliminated external variables (such as dilution ratio, cross contamination, etc.) and are unhappy for any reason, please contact Corey with your order number, and you will be taken care of promptly...
    Now there's an understatement. This is probably the most concentrated wash I own. Normally I try to follow the instructions on the label, then I'll play around with the dilution ratio a bit until I get the lubricity and limited suds action I want. With Reset I was like, "Whoa, that's some foam there..."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345