Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad luck with Crazy Pile towels

Post Thanks / Like

Bad luck with Crazy Pile towels

First let me say I'm a big fan of Microfiber Madness products, I have Incredimitts, DMCs, Waveriders, Sloggers, YF2s and love them all..
    My problem is with Crazy Pile towels, I ordered 6 of them about 10 months ago and use them for spray wax/sealant, QD and final wipe...
    The first 3 towels started shedding at the edges after a few uses (maybe 5 or 6 times)
    IMG_1256.jpg

I always follow the care instructions regarding washing and drying (I don't have a separate dryer but use the washing machine high speed drying cycle on low heat) and I use dedicated microfiber detergent..

So I contacted Corey regarding this issue and he was kind enough to refund the full amount for the damaged 3 towels after 6 months of the order, great customer service as usual..

Now the same thing happened with the other 3 towels I'm not asking for another refund here but I'm upset because I really like the towels and hate to dispose them all or use them around the house only.. I'm posting about it here to check if anyone else had the same issue or is it just me?!

I tend to give all my towels a strong shake in the air before I use them, during use when folding and flipping to new side, before hanging them to fully dry and also after they're fully dry before I store them back in their zip-lock bags.. Don't know if this is the reason or something with my washing machine but nothing wrong happened to my other towels with microfiber or satin edges so I started to believe that "edgeless high pile plush" towels are just not for me!

Microfiber Madness, please make another version of the Crazy Pile towel with microfiber edges just like the DMC and WaveRider towels

Certified Finest Installer Dr_Pain's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that is an unfortunate development. Glad to see Corey to the rescue, but I agree with you that if this is a wide spread problem that MFM should revise the way they cut and seal their towels. Keep us posted. Personally I have never had a problem with the Crazy Pile but had a Yellow Fellow gone bad, which Corey promptly exchange.

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz Finest Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Bad luck with Crazy Pile towels

Hi Sherif, it's not a widespread problem and certainly horrible luck if you received defective towel twice. I have sold MANY crazy pile and there are maybe 3 incidents out of many thousands so that's good news.

Please verify - do you say you do NOT use a dryer?

Also, the shedding on the edge. Is it a few pieces like in the picture directly after you wash them and then it stops until next wash or do you see this continuously during use?

I just did a load of CP last Sunday and still have no shedding after washing or drying.

Every Microfiber Madness towel we sell is guaranteed happiness so I will take care for sure but first let's figure everything out.

important question:

6 towels original
    3 replaced

You mention 3 other towels same issue.

Do you mean the other 3 from the original batch?

Or the 3 that were replaced?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Hi Sherif, it's not a widespread problem and certainly horrible luck if you received defective towel twice. I have sold MANY crazy pile and there are maybe 3 incidents out of many thousands so that's good news.

Please verify - do you say you do NOT use a dryer?

Also, the shedding on the edge. Is it a few pieces like in the picture directly after you wash them and then it stops until next wash or do you see this continuously during use?

I just did a load of CP last Sunday and still have no shedding after washing or drying.

Every Microfiber Madness towel we sell is guaranteed happiness so I will take care for sure but first let's figure everything out.

important question:

6 towels original
    3 replaced

You mention 3 other towels same issue.

Do you mean the other 3 from the original batch?

Or the 3 that were replaced?
    Hi Corey,
    I meant the other 3 towels from the original batch of 6..
    I didn't get replacement, I used the store credit refund for other items..

Towels were good when new, I washed them before I use them and they did hold up for a few times of use, wash and dry..
    The shedding problem happened after maybe 5 or 6 uses and once started, it gets worse with continuous use and wash (more small chunks of fibers coming off during use and after wash)..

I don't have a separate dryer, it's one machine for washing and drying.. Drying by high speed spinning cycle inside the same washing machine after it finishes the rinse cycle and drains all water, towels come out damp not fully dry and I hang them to fully air dry..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Sherif, so what we will do is return them with a prepaid label for my own use and testing. Microfiber Madness has never seen this issue happen with a Crazy Pile. Rarely it could happen briefly when new to lose a few loose pieces but then no longer. It's very important to Microfiber Madness and to me that we figure out why this has happened for you. So, I'll send a prepaid label- if you can bag them dry and put them in a priority mail bag with my label I will test the ones you send and I will also replace them with 3 others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Thanks Sherif, so what we will do is return them with a prepaid label for my own use and testing. Microfiber Madness has never seen this issue happen with a Crazy Pile. Rarely it could happen briefly when new to lose a few loose pieces but then no longer. It's very important to Microfiber Madness and to me that we figure out why this has happened for you. So, I'll send a prepaid label- if you can bag them dry and put them in a priority mail bag with my label I will test the ones you send and I will also replace them with 3 others.
    Problem is I'm not in the US, I'm in the United Arab Emirates.. The shipping address I use in NY is provided by Aramex, they receive the order and forward it as it is to my doorstep here in UAE.. I don't know how much it'll cost to ship the towels back to you

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have access to a dryer? You can do a wash AND dryer cycle? dryer on low heat of course

Post Thanks / Like
    Dryers are not widely used here, we prefer to naturally dry with fresh air and sun (which we have plenty of it all year)...
    And I don't think a dryer would solve the problem, it could help removing lint or little fibers but in my case I'll get more coming off the edges time after time, I even can remove little chunks of fibers off the edges with my fingers but I hate to do that
    As I said maybe that type of edgeless towels are not for me, all other towels I have with edges are holding up very well and they get washed and dried the same..
    I appreciate your response and efforts to help, I just love how soft and plush those towels and really wish MM makes ones with microfiber edges

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherif View Post
    Dryers are not widely used here, we prefer to naturally dry with fresh air and sun (which we have plenty of it all year)...
    And I don't think a dryer would solve the problem, it could help removing lint or little fibers but in my case I'll get more coming off the edges time after time, I even can remove little chunks of fibers off the edges with my fingers but I hate to do that
    As I said maybe that type of edgeless towels are not for me, all other towels I have with edges are holding up very well and they get washed and dried the same..
    I appreciate your response and efforts to help, I just love how soft and plush those towels and really wish MM makes ones with microfiber edges

Thank you Sherif! I will touch base with you via email also

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for our late reply but we have been very busy in finishing upcoming products.

Even if Corey is already taking care of your issues, we just wanted to tell you our thoughts:
    To be honest - and trust me, this is no "Marketing bla bla" - the claimed quantity of Crazy Pile worldwide is less than 0.1%! We cannot tell you for sure how many are sold, but this is one of our favorite towels so we have a huge qtty in use worldwide. In These 0.1% Claim rate are ANY Claims included. The issue you are showing is truly more unknown and we had maybe 2 or 3 Messages from customers with same Problem.

For sure, we cannot take a real look on your towels, but if it is the same Problem we already know: The lose fabric is a result of the ultrasonic cut and should stop after a few washes (and in best case DRYER cycles)! We have tested it with a claimed towel in our Company and we could remove several lose fibers at the egdes but then it was over. Unimportant that Corey will take care of your Problem we would suggest to try to find a dryern and do some dryer cycles PLUS remove by Hand some lose fibers and wash / dry the towel again. The crazy Thing is, that ALL your towels have this Problem - but trust us, if this would be a General issue, we would havy many more Claims on our table. In any case, you did everything right - just try to find a dryer maybe for a final test.

Regarding your suggestion to produce such a towel with microfiber edges: Sorry, that wont happen in the near future because the feature is the edgless production so the Crazy Piles wont harm even the most delicate paint after a detailing job. So the customers love it because of that fact, sorry that we wont Change this. MAYBE we can do a Special series just for you - could take some time but I will check in our production how it could work! Hope this sounds fine for you Sherif!

Thank you for your support and that you discuss this issue with us. This is really important for us and we try to solve any problems if possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast