Thread: Looking for advice on how to remove stains formed

Post Thanks / Like

Question Looking for advice on how to remove stains formed

Hi,
    I used Reset for the first time and tried to run water to ensure that it gets washed quickly. HOwever, there might have been some delay in cleaning the windshield and there are some stains (water marks) I see. They create visibility issues in the night.
    I tried using 3M glass cleaner but no success. (they look like water drops dried with shampoo).

Any guidance would be helpful.

Certified Finest Installer Pureshine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can try Carpros Spotless or carpros CeriGlass: Glass Polish & Cleaner. Both are great products.

Todd Randich
    todd@pureshinedetailing.com
    www.pureshinedetailing.com
    Do great work and customers will come

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avneet View Post
    Hi,
    I used Reset for the first time and tried to run water to ensure that it gets washed quickly. HOwever, there might have been some delay in cleaning the windshield and there are some stains (water marks) I see. They create visibility issues in the night.
    I tried using 3M glass cleaner but no success. (they look like water drops dried with shampoo).

Any guidance would be helpful.
    Hi Avneet, Todds post above is right on (Thank you Todd!) I will add that if using spotless you want to do so in a shaded and cool surface and apply to towel before buffing immediately off and neutralizing. Ceriglass will remove it very easy BUT if you have some Fixer, Reflect, or any paint polish really that alone will be the easiest product for this solution and should work IF the stain is in fact from soap from washing. Well... actually the Spotless may be the easiest BUT I am not recommending that on glass unless you are well versed on how to properly work with an acidic spoliation on glass without causing issues. If it is an etching that was not previously seen until after you washed then the ceriglass maybe required.

So:

Paint polish - should come right off easy easy easy
    Ceriglass if required

Certified Nuba Installer Dr Oldz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good suggestions above. Spotless is really amazing on glass. I have some older cars(late 60 and early 70s) that spotless has basically restored the glass on. Give it a try first. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^ it is amazing! But use carefully without leaving on and neutralize immediately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Todd, Corey and Doc, thank you for your advice. I shall try to use the paint polish first and see how things go

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avneet View Post
    Todd, Corey and Doc, thank you for your advice. I shall try to use the paint polish first and see how things go
    Please let us know if you have any further questions and let us know how it goes!

Thank you!!

Certified Finest Installer Pureshine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feel free to call me anytime if you need help. I'll pm you my number if you want.

Todd Randich
    todd@pureshinedetailing.com
    www.pureshinedetailing.com
    Do great work and customers will come