Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How To: Apply Cquartz UK 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chadg View Post
    I have not, going to do my semi-annual polish fest at the end of this month. Going to do full paint correction and CQuartz on both my wife's car and mine. What do you mean by 4x4 strips? Are you talking about the 4" microfiber suede applicators? I bought this kit: http://www.carpro-us.com/cquartz-30ml-kit/ back on Black Friday, besides a couple more Yellow Fellows and the 10 pack of large microfiber suede towels anything else I should pick up in my order?

I already have IronX, claying products, polishes/pads, and Eraser. I'm currently rocking Wolf's Body Wrap on my Camaro and Adam's Quick Sealant on my wife's car so I think all of that should do the trick to have a clean surface for the CQuartz.
    Yes the 4", if you're going to coat two cars your going to need more 4" strips. I have some 8x8s you can have so you don't have to buy more 4" strips, just cut them into 4x4s. I UKd my mustang about a month ago. Best thing I could have done for my dd!

As for Reload, 1 hour after application of CQ. I actually wait 24 hours before I applied Reload. I have a thread in the show-n-shine section.
    Last edited by James; 06-29-2014 at 05:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks James! Much appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chadg View Post
    Thanks James! Much appreciated!
    No problem Chad! Let me when you're ready to apply CQ, we can meet up and I'll bring you some suede strips...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Yes the 4", if you're going to coat two cars your going to need more 4" strips. I have some 8x8s you can have so you don't have to buy more 4" strips, just cut them into 4x4s. I UKd my mustang about a month ago. Best thing I could have done for my dd!

As for Reload, 1 hour after application of CQ. I actually wait 24 hours before I applied Reload. I have a thread in the show-n-shine section.
    One last question about Reload, do you have to worry about it crystallizing on your towels like the CQuartz or is it just like any other sealant where you just launder with micro-restore?

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad, you dont have to worry about Reload. Just wash your towels like you normally would.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help guys, put my order in during the 4th of July sale now just have to wait until my vacation at the end of the month to get to work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MoeMistry View Post
    Finally see the man behind the voice. Nice demo Corey.

You should post the finest one that another fellow did on black BMW hood.

Also, a demo of the new revised finest formulation would be cool as well.

Is it critical to use suede towels? We've been using mf towels to remove finest
    Moe, it is not critical to use Suede towels. If you get great results with others then just be sure they are 100% clean soft towel towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Moe, it is not critical to use Suede towels. If you get great results with others then just be sure they are 100% clean soft towel towels.
    I found that I got poor results wiping off CQUK using Sonus Der Wonder Towels. They have a short nap, but left noticeable lines. Not scratches, more like rows of un-removed CQUK.

For 2nd attempt, I used fresh plush blue Kirkland (Costco) towels (80/20, 365 GSM), making sure to fold the sewn edge inward.

Great results

I also determined that, for me, LESS pressure on the towel yielded better and faster results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Corey,

It's David G. from New York.

Finally, the weather man has predicted 48 straight hours of no precipitation so I was able to polish and apply CQuartz UK.

Questions:

1) Which CarPro or other product along with the technique can you suggest to properly remove those haze marks left from buffing off CQuartz UK?

2) On the website instructions it doesn't say it; but on the bottle, when using Reload, it suggests to dilute the product 1:1 with water on black vehicles. Your suggestion?

3) Between washes, will the coating properties be affected if I use a quick detailer such as Mequiar's M34?
    Last edited by dguber; 07-30-2014 at 11:30 PM.

ChrisDA
    1) There shouldn't be any haze marks left over when buffing off with a good towel. (CarPro BOA or Microfiber Madness Towel)
    2) You don't need to do that
    3) You'll be fine using a quick detailer.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast