Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How To: Apply Cquartz UK 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Hi Chad!! PLEASE don't let me forget if I don't have it up within a week of your application date. I would like to do a video for you. In the meantime and just in case I don't.... Here goes.
    Cquartz Classic - Its super easy... After the prep do as follows -

Apply even coat in crosshatch pattern (Do NOT apply as thick as you saw me do with UK)
    Continue around entire vehicle!
    When you get to where your started (at least 30 minutes after application started) then just wipe off completely all around the car using a nice short nap towel.
    Hopefully Tad sees this thread. He is a master CQuartz Classic guy and has done more of them then I have with the original formula.
    ^^This is is exactly how I do it! Like Corey said, be sure to wait at least 30 minutes before wiping it off. Usually I wait more like 45 minutes. It should wipe off absolutely effortlessly! If it is at all grabby when wiping it off, your trying to wipe it off to soon. Also I prefer to use the 16"x16" CarPro suedes http://www.carpro-us.com/suede-micro...16x16-10-pack/ for removal. I toss them out after use, as the SiO2 can scratch after fully curing to the towel. Some folks toss them immediately into a bucket of APC after use to avoid glass crystals forming on them. I don't want to take any chances myself.
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DARK HORSE View Post
    ^^This is is exactly how I do it! Like Corey said, be sure to wait at least 30 minutes before wiping it off. Usually I wait more like 45 minutes. It should wipe off absolutely effortlessly! If it is at all grabby when wiping it off, your trying to wipe it off to soon. Also I prefer to use the 16"x16" CarPro suedes http://www.carpro-us.com/suede-micro...16x16-10-pack/ for removal. I toss them out after use, as the SiO2 can scratch after fully curing to the towel. Some folks toss them immediately into a bucket of APC after use to avoid glass crystals forming on them. I don't want to take any chances myself.
    How many of the towels do you go through when you do your wipe down? I've got a Camaro, which is a fairly large car. It usually takes me 4 Crazy Piles, folded in quarters, to go over the car just with a detail spray wipe down after a wash. I have two Microfiber Madness Yellow Fellows (16"x24") that I bought just to remove the CQuartz, but I'm beginning to think I need more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chadg View Post
    How many of the towels do you go through when you do your wipe down? I've got a Camaro, which is a fairly large car. It usually takes me 4 Crazy Piles, folded in quarters, to go over the car just with a detail spray wipe down after a wash. I have two Microfiber Madness Yellow Fellows (16"x24") that I bought just to remove the CQuartz, but I'm beginning to think I need more.
    Hi Chad, for wiping off CQ Original I usually use 2-3 of the 16"x16" suedes folded in quarters, this will give you 8 fresh sides per towel. There shouldn't be much residual left at all and what there is will wipe off easily and cleanly.
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chad, for wiping off CQ Original I usually use 2-3 of the 16"x16" suedes folded in quarters, this will give you 8 fresh sides per towel. There shouldn't be much residual left at all and what there is will wipe off easily and cleanly.
    Ok that's great to know. Do you usually just do one coat? I'm debating whether or not to go big and go for two.

I have a black car and am really sensitive to swirls so I always try to be obsessively careful, but I don't want to unnecessarily ruin my Microfiber Madness towels . . . the suedes are soft enough that I don't have to worry about that? Not having any knap kind of makes me nervous but I'm silly like that.

Also, what towels do you use when applying Reload?

Thanks!

Chad

Certified Finest Installer
    Post Thanks / Like
    My recommendation to use the suede towels. Are some and with bite to remove la excess. After using the towel I will throw them a way or use in dirty jobs. MM are to good to use them for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Andres Bravo
    CarPro Puerto Rico
    Microfiber Madness Puerto Rico
    www.elitedetailingpr.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok that's great to know. Do you usually just do one coat? I'm debating whether or not to go big and go for two.

I have a black car and am really sensitive to swirls so I always try to be obsessively careful, but I don't want to unnecessarily ruin my Microfiber Madness towels . . . the suedes are soft enough that I don't have to worry about that? Not having any knap kind of makes me nervous but I'm silly like that.

Also, what towels do you use when applying Reload?

Thanks!

Chad
    Suedes are perfect for removal!

Reload: Spray, Spread and buff in and off with Yellow Fellow - Then final wipe with Crazy Pile before moving on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Suedes are perfect for removal!

Reload: Spray, Spread and buff in and off with Yellow Fellow - Then final wipe with Crazy Pile before moving on.
    Thanks James, looks like I'm going to need to put in yet another order!

I see you're in San Francisco? I'm in Menlo Park, how about that drought?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks James, looks like I'm going to need to put in yet another order!

I see you're in San Francisco? I'm in Menlo Park, how about that drought?
    Your welcome Chad! I'm actually in San Mateo practically up the street from you. Have you applied CQ yet? Also, how many 4x4 strips do you have?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chad, looks like you got some great follow up advice here. One thing I might add to what James has already said about Reload is a little bit goes a long way, use very sparingly. One mist per panel (using care not to over spray on areas you won't be buffing right away), spread with one side of your towel, then flip it over and buff it off, or like James has said you can also use two towels as needed. Also be sure to use Reload on a cool surface out of the sun. As to your question about 1 coat or 2; I usually only do one, unless a client is paying extra for two. I have one coat on both my DD car (18 months in and still going strong), as can be seen here https://carproforum.com/showthread.ph...=1425#post1425, and two years on my truck (also still going strong).
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Your welcome Chad! I'm actually in San Mateo practically up the street from you. Have you applied CQ yet? Also, how many 4x4 strips do you have?
    I have not, going to do my semi-annual polish fest at the end of this month. Going to do full paint correction and CQuartz on both my wife's car and mine. What do you mean by 4x4 strips? Are you talking about the 4" microfiber suede applicators? I bought this kit: http://www.carpro-us.com/cquartz-30ml-kit/ back on Black Friday, besides a couple more Yellow Fellows and the 10 pack of large microfiber suede towels anything else I should pick up in my order?

I already have IronX, claying products, polishes/pads, and Eraser. I'm currently rocking Wolf's Body Wrap on my Camaro and Adam's Quick Sealant on my wife's car so I think all of that should do the trick to have a clean surface for the CQuartz.

Hi Chad, looks like you got some great follow up advice here. One thing I might add to what James has already said about Reload is a little bit goes a long way, use very sparingly. One mist per panel (using care not to over spray on areas you won't be buffing right away), spread with one side of your towel, then flip it over and buff it off, or like James has said you can also use two towels as needed. Also be sure to use Reload on a cool surface out of the sun. As to your question about 1 coat or 2; I usually only do one, unless a client is paying extra for two. I have one coat on both my DD car (18 months in and still going strong), as can be seen here https://carproforum.com/showthread.ph...=1425#post1425, and two years on my truck (also still going strong).
    Thanks, I remember another Camaro owner talking about Reload and he said the same thing. I'm happy I got the large bottle that has a good sprayer, because I understand that helps as well. How soon after applying CQuartz do you usually wait before your first Reload treatment?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast