Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with Finest?

Certified Finest Installer HUMP DIESEL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This may already be known, but when anything other than what is designed or recommended is added on top of a coating the coating will take on the characteristics of that product. Things like detail sprays, drying agents all have something that can affect the way the coating behaves. This is why as others have stated, that using a soap like Reset that is made to clean and leave nothing behind is best for a coating.

HUMP
    Carolina Auto Image
    Upstate South Carolina - Premium Exclusive Automotive Reconditioning
    info@carolinaautoimage.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Why cant we see a scam that is right in front of us?
    Forget the fact that Misters dont usually care for pink soaps.
    We dont ask why does this need to have pink color added to it? when purity is the scientific objective?
    If the chemical clowns are conning us with needless dyes and perfumes, what else are they fooling us about??
    If we buy Spaceage Strawberry Margarita surfactants that make bubbles in water, the joke is on us. Its cheap crap they used to sell at Walmart- same pink color. The fact that it leaves residue and clogs up your Cquartz should be the only proof you should need. The problem is twofold- it does not remove oils and leaves residue. Yep discovered it the hard way.
    Think about it, CG is like what ShamWow was for the seniors, conning the gullible is a huge industry.
    However, the RuPaul edition of Mr.Pink rocks, its a joy to use with a foam blaster and Lieutenant Dangle shorts. Now thats a foam show.

Protect yourself from fraud, buy only from someone you can personally trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    Sorry to hear about your experience (so far). Just know you are in the best community to get your problem resolved.

I do install Finest and am quite familiar with the CG product line. Although I LOVE the "foam show" from CG Mr. Pink and Honeydew, I do find that they tend to "mute" the effects of Finest. Ultimately, Finest is still present and working but as you are describing, the sheeting method of drying is less than stellar. I did want to know why? so dove in some research using my biochemistry background. After a few conversations and some technical reading, I came to the conclusion that they (the soaps) in certain concentrations will leave a layer of surfactants on the paint which will resist the flooding method. BTW surfactants are the detergents used to breakdown the road grime. If you read the synopsis description of Mr. Pink you will see that they refer to it as "pH BALANCE" which means that it is still somewhat alkaline (just not in the likes of Dawn which has a pH of 9). The problem you may be encountering is that a true recommended dilution in a foam cannon/gun can't be achieved, so you may have a more concentrated product, which leads to a larger concentration of surfactant residue on the paint.

Personally (after reading your account) I would blame the soap FIRST, since you are describing a less than stellar sheeting method of drying. I do agree with Corey that V7 will leave a residue. Actually the residue are those gloss enhancing and UV polymer (and synthetic nano-sealant technology). If you read its description, you will also note that they refer to some form of detergent action (designed to remove fingerprints, dust, road grime and debris). If you were to have a failure of Finest, you would see splotchy results, not a completely failure The more "junk" you have on the paint the less you will be able to notice the true function of Finest.

ALRIGHT, having said that, there is also the possibility of product or workmanship failure. The only thing I can say is that this product is ROBUST and application methodology is drilled into us to avoid the workmanship failure..... but for that I will leave you in Corey's hands

P.S. FYI, when you do get your Reset, it may take you 2 or 3 good washes to remove all the "junk". I've had an experience before where I actually had to go "full kamikaze" because Finest was not beading and sheeting. The problem was that the truck was an "oilfield truck" (major exposure and not well maintained). After the draconian technique to strip the "junk", and a couple of Reset wash, beading and sheeting was restored. One thing through the whole process (which told me Finest was there) was the gloss and depth of shine (which is unlike anything else) was still there. It was just not "working"!!

P.P.S. I do love when my past clients come visit, shoot the breeze, or ask for an education.... and that is the norm across our Finest Installer group (Corey make sure of that). If you need help beyond Corey or if you are close to Louisiana, feel free to come visit

Post Thanks / Like
    There is some good advice above. Just my 2 cents (not knocking the competition) I've never been a big fan of V7

There are two products you should use with CQuartz Finest. Reset and Reload. You will love the finished results.

Side Note: I've communicated with the XPEL owner and he assured me that it is fine to top XPEL with CQuartz FINEST.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear all pros coming help a needy person with compassion.
    Rupes (Roo-Pes)

Post Thanks / Like
    Bex is awesome. Sham-wow hahaha. Love your post.
    Rupes (Roo-Pes)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12