Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Reload 2014

ChrisDA
    I've never had any issues with Reload even in direct sunlight. Just spray, work with 1 MF then buff off with another MF. Even when letting the car sit for an hour and noticing spots I missed, I've never had to just do a quick wipe with a clean MF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Interesting - in my tests I found the new version to give me more time to wipe off but in any case I still give the same tips as always. Never had a problem with the old version either using the tips below.

Note, streaks are either product not buffed off or product re-deposited by a towel with reload on it instead of a proper dry final wipe towel.

With Reload it cures to the paint much stronger than wax so the difference in application is that you need to wipe it off completely before it flashes off on its own.

1. Shake well
    2. Spray only the amount needed for one section (not an entire panel)
    3.-IMMEDIATELY spread the product out with a short nap Microfiber Towel - ie Microfiber Madness Slogger and immediately buff in completely and off.
    4.-IMPORTANT: Use a separate towel (preferably a Crazy Pile which is absorbent enough and just does a great job for this) This towel is to stay using dry sides throughout as your final wipe towel. With this towel immediately buff the area once more to be sure no streak remains
    5.-Move to next section and repeat.

If you see streaks later but not when applying then consider conducting future applications in the type of lighting where you discovered the streak. In other words if it had been applied in that lighting you would see the streak during application and simply wipe it off before it cured.

Note, any drops that blow onto other areas of paint may become streaky if left there awhile. As mentioned - one area and move on (not an entire hood) please let me know if this helps.
    This would be the exact method I used except using polishing towels from MFT and Eagle Edgeless towels from TheRagCompany. Don't get me wrong, I ended up with no streaks but you have to be very diligent if you want perfection with no streaks. You can't just wipe once or even buff in without thought and buff again with another microfiber, you need to get your head at the right angle to see how the misted area is spreading with the first towel and try to make sure you have an even area then take your second microfiber to buff off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok new to the whole CarPro line as just had my wife's new Outback done with CQFinest. Just received my bottle of 2014 Reload along with MF towels. Question I have is on the bottle it says to dilute 1:1 with water for dark cars, is this to prevent steaking. Looking for some input as the car is a dark gray (Carbide Gray) and trying to figure out whether or not to use it straight or dilute as per the info on the bottle. If you dilute it is it best to use distilled water. Thanks in advance for your input and info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmitch View Post
    Ok new to the whole CarPro line as just had my wife's new Outback done with CQFinest. Just received my bottle of 2014 Reload along with MF towels. Question I have is on the bottle it says to dilute 1:1 with water for dark cars, is this to prevent steaking. Looking for some input as the car is a dark gray (Carbide Gray) and trying to figure out whether or not to use it straight or dilute as per the info on the bottle. If you dilute it is it best to use distilled water. Thanks in advance for your input and info.
    Reckon it sure can't hurt to mix up a little diluted batch at 1-1 and give it a try? For sure it will at least stretch the product, that you'll have it to use longer.

I sometimes pay a visit to the local Sally Beauty Supply, as they have some smaller nice little spray bottles, and they usually come with sprayer heads that will spray a nice fine mist. I mixed up some PERL like this 1-1, the little spray bottle works great for when I dress my tires. A nice even application, then massage in.

Also got some Ultima Paint Guard Plus in another similar bottle, seems to work nicely to apply this product when I'm detailing door jambs, etc on my junker Kia Spectra. One squirt on the applicator, and spread.

Right now I have enough CQuartz UK on hand to do every square inch of paint on my Tahoe (with mucho left over), so at some near future point I'll be thinking of mixing up some Reload at 1-1 for treating the Door Jambs, and probably the rest of the vehicle as well.
    Last edited by Mark; 09-27-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Reload 2014

Some dilute and there is no reason not to if you want or if it helps. I have never Ha to do so and so I never have but go for it. Reload is much stronger and higher tech than a spray wax so people have to understand that and not act as if they are just spraying an oily wax on. Here's my tips I regularly share.

Reload Tips:

Note, streaks are either product not buffed off or product re-deposited by a towel with reload in it instead of a proper dry final wipe towel.

With Reload it cures to the paint much stronger than wax so the difference in application is that you need to wipe it off completely before it flashes off on its own.

1. Shake well
    2. Spray only the amount needed for one section (if large like a hood don't do the entire panel at one time)
    3.-IMMEDIATELY spread the product out with a short nap Microfiber Towel - ie Microfiber Madness Slogger and immediately buff in completely and off.
    4.-IMPORTANT: Use a separate towel (preferably a Crazy Pile which is absorbent enough and just does a great job for this) This towel is to stay using dry sides throughout as your final wipe towel. With this towel immediately buff the area once more to be sure no streak remains
    5.-Move to next section and repeat.

Note, any drops that blow onto other areas of paint may become streaky if left there awhile. As mentioned - one area and move on (not an entire hood)
    Last edited by Corey; 09-27-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    S
    2. Spray only the amount needed for one section (if large like a hood don't do the entire panel at one time)
    4.-IMPORTANT: Use a separate towel (preferably a Crazy Pile which is absorbent enough and just does a great job for this)
    Corey thanks for the info. Guess I'll try it straight first and then if I have issues which I don't think I will I'll try it diluted. You mention using a short nap MF towel (like slogger), I don't have any slogger towels but a bunch of yellow fellow towels. Would they work for application. I have a bunch of crazy pile for buffing after application.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Corey thanks for the info. Guess I'll try it straight first and then if I have issues which I don't think I will I'll try it diluted. You mention using a short nap MF towel (like slogger), I don't have any slogger towels but a bunch of yellow fellow towels. Would they work for application. I have a bunch of crazy pile for buffing after application.
    Thanks
    Do you have Yellow Fellow or Yellow Fellow 2.0?

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have Yellow Fellow or Yellow Fellow 2.0?
    Yellow fellow 2.0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234