Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CQ vs CQUK

Post Thanks / Like

CQ vs CQUK

With all the updates and revisions I have been wondering what the breakdown and differences were between these 2 products now.

I have used both very successfully. (2+ years of durability) With the possibility of another vehicle to coat I want to make sure I make the right decision.

Hmm. Maybe finest is calling

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey buddy! Cquartz UK is extremely powerful coating and had surpassed Cquartz classic for sure BUT after last years updated Cquartz Classic is now very close if not on par with UK. They are quite different in makeup, application, and even appearance but functionally they are similar in strength and durability.

It comes down to which is easiest for you to apply, some find one super easy and others choose the other based on conditions.

Also, UK I describe as a darker glow while classic has a brighter reflection. That's how I experience what I see from them.

Certified Finest Installer Dr_Pain's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was quick and to the point. UK and Classic are so close that I would only select one vs. the other based on outside temps (UK has a faster flash at higher temps which makes it best suited to colder temp, where classic flashes normal at higher temp and much much too slow for me at lower temp). So UK for colder temps and Classic for higher temps. That way you get a more consistent experience in your application timing

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz Finest Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys that's kinda what I figured.

Certified Finest Installer HUMP DIESEL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive never used CQuartz I have always used UK, even in the hotter temps. I really like it. Its more wipe on, wipe off in hotter temps and I usually do one panel at a time.

HUMP
    Carolina Auto Image
    Upstate South Carolina - Premium Exclusive Automotive Reconditioning
    info@carolinaautoimage.com

Post Thanks / Like
    This is my current battle, I've been a cquk user and LOVE it but this newer formula of the classic is SOOO tempting!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always bin using the OG cq and have had notthing but amazing results,and customers love it. Even living in canada where the temps dip down pretty low (15 degrees Celsius shop temps in winter) i have had no problems just longer flash times...my last order that i placed I included cqUK and cant wait to try it out i know for a fact i will be pleased due to any car pro product i have used i loved!! Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Showroom_fresh View Post
    I have always bin using the OG cq and have had notthing but amazing results,and customers love it. Even living in canada where the temps dip down pretty low (15 degrees Celsius shop temps in winter) i have had no problems just longer flash times...my last order that i placed I included cqUK and cant wait to try it out i know for a fact i will be pleased due to any car pro product i have used i loved!! Cheers!
    Agreed, I've been using CQ "original" since its inception and it always makes me smile!! Been my go to coating for a very long time, NEVER, EVER, had any issues at all. As you mentioned; colder temps = longer flash time.
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like

I read a rumor that there might be a "new" updated version of CQ coming out. Can anyone verify this?

I have a new car coming around the end of August and am trying to plan and get prepared. This might force me to hold off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

I read a rumor that there might be a "new" updated version of CQ coming out. Can anyone verify this?

I have a new car coming around the end of August and am trying to plan and get prepared. This might force me to hold off.

Nope CQuartz and CQuartz UK are both at the top of the playing field in performance outperforming many pro coatings we've tested them against. Both were updated last year and no plans currently to change them. CQuartz has become a HUGE seller since its upgrade and now outsells CQUK regaining its crown that UK had taken a year earlier. Everyone is loving the gloss, its stronger than its previous version, and its made application much easier for those who had trouble in hot temps with UK.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast