Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CQ vs CQUK

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

With all the updates and revisions I have been wondering what the breakdown and differences were between these 2 products now.

I have used both very successfully. (2+ years of durability) With the possibility of another vehicle to coat I want to make sure I make the right decision.

A bit more info between the two - I must have been rushing with my first reply

Differences between CQuartz UK and CQuartz

Chemical makeup:

CQuartz UK contains a higher volume of Sio2 (Quartz) than other coatings.

CQuartz contains less Sio2 than UK but contains Tio2 (titanium) and other materials as well.

Durability: Both will last over two years if properly maintained.

Appearance:

CQuartz UK provides more depth

CQuartz provides a more reflective gloss

Application:

CQuartz UK was developed for colder climates

CQuartz was developed for warmer climates

NOTE: This does NOT necessarily mean that you will prefer the application of the one that sounds like it was designed for your climate.
    Regardless of climate some will find both simple to apply and others will prefer one or the other.

How to apply CQuartz:

For CQuartz you basically wait between 1-5 minutes depending and find the perfect timing to wipe. Too soon and it will just be oily and no grab to it when wiping. Too late and it becomes hard to remove. You want to remove when you feel it giving just a little push back against your towel but not hard to remove and no longer oily. If left too long it will become difficult to remove. If removed too early then it won’t have a chance to bond.

How to apply CQuartz UK

Go easy at first… Check one panel after your done and take some time to check it in other lighting (great daylight type lighting) before completing the vehicle. If in doubt call and ask BEFORE you finish the car.

If hologram look then this is a sign you are not wiping it off soon enough. It should be wiped off before it feels sticky. Dont let it sit too long.

If “high spots” dark streaks, etc then you need to wipe it off more thoroughly. Great ambient lighting is key during application and removal.

Here are some tips.

#1.- Apply to the surface one section and then wipe it off before it becomes sticky.

#2 - Wiping with only the Suede towels can leave high spots. Be sure to completely wipe off the residue. It should NOT be difficult to wipe so do not press hard BUT you do want to go over it enough times to completely remove residue. This requires going over it a couple times before moving to the next section or panel. Use the CarPro Boa towel as your follow towel behind suede.

#3 - High spots reveal themselves best in great ambient lighting (daylight but not direct sun)

#4. - Be sure to switch out the 4” Suedes after every other panel - 10-15 minutes of using the same suede is ok in cooler weather but decrease that in hot weather.

With UK the key is to wipe off after each section before it gets at all sticky. Then follow with a boa towel after the suede to be sure to remove all excess product. Also be sure to switch out your 4” suedes after every 2 panels at most.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet !!!

I have a "Pure White" car coming at the end of August and I was really leaning towards CQ org. Not sure why but it is still my favorite. Or would Finest be the better option?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Sweet !!!

I have a "Pure White" car coming at the end of August and I was really leaning towards CQ org.
    Not sure why but it is still my favorite. Or would Finest be the better option?

IMHO Finest would be my first choice. Second would be CQ org for the "Pure White" bright gloss and shine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12