Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: C quartz eh?

Post Thanks / Like

C quartz eh?

well i recently purchased cquartz got paint nearly 100% swirl free

i followed the directions. at around 9pm i finished. Woke up at 6:30 am to leave for work and it is pouring rain outside and the results are ok. My question is am i in trouble now protection wise because it has received rain and has not allowed 48 hours for it to cure? or will this coat be just as durable even though i drove it to work for an hour in the rain.

it says to wipe off if any water is received within 24 hours.. but i am at work and i don't have time to do that. did i just waste 50 dollars!?! if so i would like a refund that is an unrealistic position to put someone in!

this smells alot like zaino clear seal? is it the thing?
    Last edited by Corey; 06-23-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Certified Finest Installer Dr_Pain's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, let me reassure you that it is definitely not Zaino clear seal, and you definitely did not waste $50 on the product. Your scenario is definitely one that raises an eyebrow for me. First because you clearly were aware of the constraints and recommendations associated with the product, so to jump the gun and want a refund is a little weird to me. You were aware of the "unrealistic" position and still chose to use the product and chose to use the car without allowing proper cure time. Would you ask for a refund if you just got your floor varnished and the installer told you not to walk on them for X hours and you chose to walk on them because you needed to go to the bathroom? You (the same as anyone else) should plan for contingencies, yours being that you knew you needed to use the car to go to work and the rain forecast were elevated. I've had several friends who chose to coat one panel at a time BECAUSE of the life constraints they were under. It does take a little longer but....

So what is the problem with exposing your vehicle to rain/water within the alloted time. The coating cures and hardens over time. It is water resistant in 48 hrs, light chemical resistant (soaps) in 1 week, and fully cure at around 30 days (where you see maximum benefits). If you do expose the coating to water you may be left with "imprints" or even water spots. You should have let the coating cure and called a buddy/co-worker for a ride OR you should have planned a vacation day last week to make sure you coated on Saturday (early in the day) leaving Saturday afternoon, evening, night, all day Sunday to cure properly away from exposure.

I am sorry you feel this way but you were well informed of the requirements of the coating. Hope your environment and technique did help speed cure the coating and that this water exposure did not mess up your hard work. Personally I always speed cure my coatings using IR lamps but still keep customer cars for at least 24hrs beyond that.

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz Finest Installer

Post Thanks / Like
    so what are my options? to buy another bottle and re apply it?

what is the proper process then at this point if i go another week with this DD bug spots etc. do i have to restart over completely again?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it going to rain all day? or did you just have a quick sprinkle? Personally I would not allow water to dry on the coating. It is going to be a pain but you need to keep it dry. Having said that (and what I mentioned before) it is possible that NOTHING will happen to the coating. If that is the case then you dodged the bullet. If you are left with imprints then a light polish and recoat is recommended. You may be able to remove the imprints easily (since the coating is fresh) but the polishing does disrupt the outer matrix and definitely benefits from a recoat. (the light polish won't take you all day, not like when you remove swirls and scratches)

Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz Finest Installer

Post Thanks / Like
    After you redo it you could opt for a quick coat of reload if you know you can't keep it dry for the required time. It will help in the case of a sprinkle.
    Northern Vermont

Post Thanks / Like
    so at this point my car is nearly dry but it is very dirty and I don't want to wipe it down without some type of lubricant

Post Thanks / Like
    I was driving in a heavy downpour most of the way and then it stopped

Post Thanks / Like
    should i iron x and reapply in a few days?

Post Thanks / Like
    Do not use ANY chemicals on it for at least 1 week, which includes soaps, IronX etc.... I understand you wanting to put some lubricant in the wash, but at this point you won't negate the ill effects. As it was mentioned above, a quick Reload may have helped. At this point the harm is done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    Is it going to rain all day? or did you just have a quick sprinkle? Personally I would not allow water to dry on the coating. It is going to be a pain but you need to keep it dry. Having said that (and what I mentioned before) it is possible that NOTHING will happen to the coating. If that is the case then you dodged the bullet. If you are left with imprints then a light polish and recoat is recommended. You may be able to remove the imprints easily (since the coating is fresh) but the polishing does disrupt the outer matrix and definitely benefits from a recoat. (the light polish won't take you all day, not like when you remove swirls and scratches)
    ok, so if i dodged the bullet.. i will wash it in one weeks time with megs gold class. i will inspect the paint for water etching... if there is no etching i will assume we are good. However i wanted to know does this affect the life of the coating? also what are the steps with product specifics on re applying a second coat with and without water etching assuming this is my daily driver

thanks for your help.

the reason i ask for a refund is because i bought this from amazon and no where does it say on the webpage on amazon or with the instructions about the cure time. i don't expect amazon to give me direction but i do expect some type of better instructions then what was included with a 50$ purchase it just tells you how to apply it that is it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast