Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Introducing CarPro Essence!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DARK HORSE View Post
    Yes, a wipedown after a compounding step is recommended.
    Why? It contains the same abrasives as Reflect and can also perform light compounding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Why? It contains the same abrasives as Reflect and can also perform light compounding.
    Yes, but most compounds don't. Also most compounds contain a lot of oils. In addition, I would assume if someone is doing a compounding step prior, it is because they are trying to achieve some level of defect removal. I would suggest a wipedown down after compounding if for no other reason to ensure the level of correction they are after has been achieved before going on.
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like
    Would I be a moron for putting essence on a polishing pad for my father's new car?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
    Rupes (Roo-Pes)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Worthrj View Post
    Would I be a moron for putting essence on a polishing pad for my father's new car?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
    Essence would be perfect for new car paint. Why? Because if you're using a light polishing pad only to spread the product, then you can get the protection and shine without removing lots of paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    My plan was if I used M101 for example, wipe down with eraser, then polish with Essence, then apply cquartz. About right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigd3077 View Post
    My plan was if I used M101 for example, wipe down with eraser, then polish with Essence, then apply cquartz. About right?
    Depends on your pad choice. M101 is what I use to get aggressive with stubborn defects. Try a test spot to see if Essence can correct the M101 enough to your liking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Detailing_Evolution View Post
    Depends on your pad choice. M101 is what I use to get aggressive with stubborn defects. Try a test spot to see if Essence can correct the M101 enough to your liking.
    ^^ This is good advice!
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent advice! If you have M105 I think Essence/Reflect would have no trouble with it; spot correct with M101 then compound with 105 and you should be golden. But again, try a test section first.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have car pro flash and polish pads, as well as Meg cut and polish microfiber pads. So basically try out essence with a Meg cut pad and follow up with a polish pad? I have to play with essence to see how abrasive it is I guess. I want to do a full correction on my truck and coat with cquartz to get a feel for these products. I have been in the detail business for 25 years, but only used this product line for a month. So far everything has been amazing, I'm very impressed. I can't wait to use the essence, just been so busy.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a pro, lets just say I cherish my rides and after a few recommendations from people over at Camaro5.com I picked up a 32oz bottle along with A Rupes Yellow foam pad and White Ultrafine foam pad. First off my impressions on the company are 5 stars right now I ordered my products on 28 Nov and received them on them to day 02 Dec, WOW thats the quickest I have received anything ordered online (Even from my home state, Georgia).

Now with the foam pads I ordered, will these work well, I see others...I assume pros have said to use other pads. I want to make sure I'm good with these or need to purchase other ones. Also what is the best temp to use this in, winter is here and I don't know how long the warm weather is going to hold here.

Thanks in advance for the advice, here is the test subject for the product next weekend!

My Car.jpg

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678