Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: CarPro Essence Definitive Guide Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toddj View Post
    Question on expiration of Essence (regular, not the Plus.

I have a bottle and I think the sticker fell off. However everything I buy I put the "born on date" on it when I receive it. My bottle is from March of 2016.

How much longer will it still be good? And what is the risk after expiration?
    It will last a minimum of 2 years from born date. However if it's left in the sun, that will diminish the lifetime of the product. Shake well and verify it mixed well. Only adverse effects of expired product is that it won't work as well.
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of essence I thought this was a great chart for the essence twins that was posted on the instagram page.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I coat my suv a few days after using essence??
    Not sute if this question was asked yet but just wondering if it was ok to coat my wife's suv a few days after doing a polish with essence? I plan to decon and polish the vehicle on one day but am unable to apply my coating on the same day. Will the sio2 in essence harden to the point where it's pointless to coat over and will not bond/merge together? Or should I just use another polish like reflect or similar? Thank you in advance guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rblouin View Post
    Can I coat my suv a few days after using essence??
    Not sute if this question was asked yet but just wondering if it was ok to coat my wife's suv a few days after doing a polish with essence? I plan to decon and polish the vehicle on one day but am unable to apply my coating on the same day. Will the sio2 in essence harden to the point where it's pointless to coat over and will not bond/merge together? Or should I just use another polish like reflect or similar? Thank you in advance guys
    I am sure it would be ok. All you may need to do is wash the area with Reset and the prep it with Eraser just to prep the surface so that it is clean. Then you can coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I am sure it would be ok. All you may need to do is wash the area with Reset and the prep it with Eraser just to prep the surface so that it is clean. Then you can coat.
    Thanks a million Guz, that's what I figured also and was hoping for since I used essence for the first time last week and LOVE IT!! Have a great weekend

Post Thanks / Like
    Question about durability...
    The Essence specs say that it would last 1 year.
    If topped with UK, will it last the 2 years provided by UK? Or would it start to come/peel off (not sure if this is the best way to describe it)?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567