Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CarPro Essence Definitive Guide Thread

Certified Finest Installer Zach McGovern's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so excited to try this

The Eraser wipe down was always the most dreadful part of the process for me... especially with delicate paint... as the chances of at least some tiny marring was always there. I'd much rather spend the time doing a quick polishing pass to further enhance gloss and also prep the surface for coating all in one go.

Zach McGovern
    www.AttentiontoDetailingPeoria.com
    Specializing in Paint Correction & Premium Paint Coatings

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a suggestion...with a limited shelf life and getting multiple cars from one bottle, please consider continuing the smaller, "SEMA Size."

Post Thanks / Like
    I think as the product gets put into use by a wider base, there will be more data available on pad, machine and speed combinations (not to mention arm speeds and pressure as well as paint type and its condition)...

While I have a PC and Meg's DAMF discs, I still prefer the precision and control I get with the 3401, so I am eager to try it with the Flex and Hybrids and report the results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you elaborate on these "semi-permanent fillers" please? Sounds great/ideal for older paints that are thin.

I'm also curious as to the longevity of CQuartz applied over this. In theory it'll last longer, right? But would CQuartz be bonding to the paint or to Essence?

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a question, where I'm going to apply CQuartz UK for my brand new car with no surface defects (I believed). So to make an Extreme High Gloss effect, which one should I use, Essence or Reflect?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by btlew81 View Post
    Just a suggestion...with a limited shelf life and getting multiple cars from one bottle, please consider continuing the smaller, "SEMA Size."
    What is the "shelf life"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by btlew81 View Post
    I concur with your thoughts, and didn't see your post until now, but made the same similar comment on autogeek just a short time ago.

That this smaller SEMA size might be ideal for the one person wishing to use this as a primer product on their one vehicle that is coated with CQuartz, and is due for a re-fresh application of CQuartz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    One year

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    After thinking about it...I do agree. You don't want to waste any money by it going bad. However, I am also curious about the shelf life.

Kevin...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I had to search as others had seemed to already know, but Corey mentions it at the start of this thread, he states 1 year.

I imagine it is because of the ceramic component in the product. Sort of amazing in a way that they can get that component to stay in a liquid state for that long, and not turn rock hard like CQuartz would.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast