Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another SRT!!! 2015 white SRT Charger

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigd3077 View Post
    I do work for dealerships, and at my shop. This one was purchased by a corporate high up manager.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    So your saying that the cars arrive to the dealership as you described from the factory?
    Steve P

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogrescuer View Post
    So your saying that the cars arrive to the dealership as you described from the factory?

A lot do, yes. Don't forget, cars travel a good distance before hitting dealerships. This one in particular had less than 100 miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigd3077 View Post
    A lot do, yes. Don't forget, cars travel a good distance before hitting dealerships. This one in particular had less than 100 miles.
    I would think that dealerships would do work in house instead of subbing it out
    Steve P

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    OP...looks great...love me some white vehicles.

As far as the conversation on dealers....

The other day I was at a hardware store when I happened on a conversation between a store employee and customer. The customer was from a local big brand dealership looking for a specific magic marker. The reason? One of their new vehicles had scratches and they needed to hide those scratches from the customers. When questioned by the employee, the lady who happened to be in Sales stated..."we do it all the time and most people don't catch it or know it."

I realize not all dealerships do that but I used to work at one years ago and I'm not surprised.

Steve
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

Certified Professional Installer Yanksautodetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ exactly. They will try to sell their "protection plans" and all they want is to hide them so they can sell the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogrescuer View Post
    I would think that dealerships would do work in house instead of subbing it out

Reason why they sub to me for example, I have my own garage liability, workmans comp, and drug and background checks. I supply the labor, products, and insurance. I would say 85% of dealerships have on site sub contracted companies in detail. If one of my guys calls in sick, I swing another employee from a different store to cover. In house, you are screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by fdresq4 View Post
    OP...looks great...love me some white vehicles.

As far as the conversation on dealers....

The other day I was at a hardware store when I happened on a conversation between a store employee and customer. The customer was from a local big brand dealership looking for a specific magic marker. The reason? One of their new vehicles had scratches and they needed to hide those scratches from the customers. When questioned by the employee, the lady who happened to be in Sales stated..."we do it all the time and most people don't catch it or know it."

I realize not all dealerships do that but I used to work at one years ago and I'm not surprised.

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanksautodetailing View Post
    ^^^ exactly. They will try to sell their "protection plans" and all they want is to hide them so they can sell the car.

This is all true. Stores want the car and customer out so they can move on to next sale. The packages they sell in finance are garbage products. Wax lasts a month at best. But I couldn't offer cquartz for example to dealers, cause they won't pay the application process, and profit margin for them would be small. And trying to train employees the proper way would be tough. Only a few would get it and take the pride I do in doing it.

Sorry OP for getting this thread off track, lol. BUMP!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I've seen wet sand marks before even in cars inside a showroom. Most buyers don't look close enough to notice before they buy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12