Thread: Functional major difference between CQF and CQUK

Post Thanks / Like

Functional major difference between CQF and CQUK

So I was unlucky and my car was washed at the dealer against my instructions and its full of swirls. I originally applied CQUK 2 months ago and as the car is due for a polish, I am re-visiting which coating to re-apply: CQF or CQUK or even a basic sealant (reload, Klasse, ...)

I am curious to know what functional major tangible difference does CQF brings as compared to CQUK. I am aware that CQF is applied by approved installers, ... But really interested in knowing what major advantage does it offer at a significantly higher price/cost compared to CQUK (putting aside the prep work required).

I have read the descriptions and FAQ at http://www.cqfinest.com/faq/ and the difference is quite generic:
    "The short answer is just about everything. There are many differences between CQuartz and CQ Finest. While both are glass coatings Finest offers greater gloss, dust and dirt resistance, fine swirl resistance, a slick to the touch feel, more resistance to water spots and the environment, and FINEST is offered only through Authorized Installers who have developed their skills and take the utmost pride in their work."

Greater gloss, dust and dirt, ... How much more? Like no dust will accumulate at all? Or some dust, ... Fine swirl resistance, how can one define that? More resistance to water spots? As I contemplate shelling a larger sum of money compared to CQUK, how can all these above claims be validated ?

Now that I think about it, and coupled with potential bad luck, or even swirls introduced during frequent washing, wouldn't it make more sense and cheaper that one would get a pro polish job each year, and topped with an inexpensive sealant? Especially If the much more expensive pro version is also prone for swirls then what's the point? Thank you and please don't take my questions as doubting, but rather curious and needing some education so I can best decide which option to take.
    2015 F82 MG/SO

Certified Finest Installer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi aboulfad.

I'll do my best to answer your question if no one has. I see you're from Montreal. There's Nico from mtlautodetail.com I also worked in Montreal but moved to Mexico and only visit Mtl twice a year.

What differences? Thickness. Way thicker with Finest. I'm also an authorized Finest installer, and we have actually done more Finest installs since december than UK or classic. Why is thickness important? Durability, gloss, and the sacrificial layer. Now, let me clarify something very important... ANY coating will scratch if washed improperly.

Also, having an authorized detailer means that he can do any coating look amazing. In our case, we have refused 1 client for Finest application. This was due to the fact we could not guarantee the paint correction to our highest standards Finest requires.

You can check the full album if you wish here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=377719b2bf

After 3 full days of work with 3 guys this is what we got using CQClassic:

Now how does a black car looks with Finest??

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW, GORGEOUS work Alex!

PS: I'll get your "FINEST" logo fixed soon.
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Alex,
    thanks for your reply! I met Nico few months ago and talked for a good hour, super nice guy. In my case, I think I'd rather get my car polished by a Finest approved Detailer but skip the Finest application as the cost to benefit ratio IMHO isn't worth it especially when you have "Murphys law". Granted the shine is surreal, but not enough to warrant the cost of the application for myself.
    2015 F82 MG/SO