Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cquartz uk or classic

Post Thanks / Like

cquartz uk or classic

I will be attempting my first coating soon and plan on using carpro but should I go with classic or uk?

vehicle is black escalade (not the extended one)

also, should I get 30 or 50ml?

I live in southeast Texas with lots of humidity if that matters

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go with the 50ml classic for an SUV of that size. Plus there is a new formula for the classic now. When I was talking with Corey about this very thing (I am in the Gulf Coast of Florida with equal punishing humidity) and he recommended the classic over the UK. The UK being better suited for cooler climate and less humidity if I remember correct. Best of luck on that coating Don. Make sure you get it on video so we can show that Larry fella from New York City how us Southerners do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    lol will do.

I was wondering about that new formula. wasn't sure if it was new or I just never paid attention to it. hopefully Corey can chime in and tell us what's new about it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDon View Post
    I would go with the 50ml classic for an SUV of that size. Plus there is a new formula for the classic now. When I was talking with Corey about this very thing (I am in the Gulf Coast of Florida with equal punishing humidity) and he recommended the classic over the UK. The UK being better suited for cooler climate and less humidity if I remember correct. Best of luck on that coating Don. Make sure you get it on video so we can show that Larry fella from New York City how us Southerners do it.
    ^^ Agreed, this is good advice Don!
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    lol will do.

I was wondering about that new formula. wasn't sure if it was new or I just never paid attention to it. hopefully Corey can chime in and tell us what's new about it
    Yes, this is true. A new formula of "Classic" was introduced, but it's been well over a year ago now. It was re-formulated with a higher concentration of Sio2 (Silicon dioxide) and enhanced with Tio2 (Titanium). It is slicker than the the old version, glossier, and more reflective. The biggest difference with application is that it flashes quicker than then the old version.

Wait between 1-5 minutes depending on temps, humidity, and paint and find the right window to wipe when your doing your first panel. Generally in summer temps 2-3 min is best. Too soon and it will just be oily and no grab to it when wiping. Too late and it becomes hard to remove. You want to remove when you feel it giving just a little push back against your towel but not hard to remove and no longer oily. If left too long it will become difficult to remove. If removed too early then it won’t have a chance to bond.
    Additional coats may be applied with 45 minutes between
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for reply. does uk have higher sio2 and tio2?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    thanks for reply. does uk have higher sio2 and tio2?
    UK does have a higher Sio2 content(70%). It is not formulated with Tio2. Two totally different formulas. UK is recommend for cooler temps, while Classic is recommended for warmer temps. However, honestly you can't go wrong with either. I LOVE them both and use them both often. Typically I do use Classic when the temps are warmer, and UK when it's cooler. UK will flash quickly eve at 40 degrees.
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like
    interesting! thanks! decisions decisions...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey donbeezy,
    I recently did my first coating. I'm in Florida and have the same humidity issues. I followed Corey's advice and went with Classic. It worked better than I was expecting and the car came out great. Just did the first wash on the car this weekend. It beaded like crazy and the dirt just rinsed off. I barely had to touch the car at all. I was worried that I might have missed a small spot or two but it was all good. Follow Corey's advice to the letter and you shouldn't have any problems. On his advice I picked a 10 pack of the small and large Carpro suede microfiber towels and glad I did. I was able to toss the applicators and removal towels without worrying if I had used them for too long. Without the extras I would have been frustrated. As a beginer, I was taking each panel one at a time to make sure I got it right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast