Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cquartz uk or classic

Post Thanks / Like
    After using both the new classic and uk.. classic is definitely more user friendly and also leaves the paint finish smooth as silk where as uk has a bit of a grab to it even after I've removed it and let it sit for a few days.. not sure why but definitely two different animals..
    note: the applicators used with uk will be stiff as a board and applicators used with classic not so much.. makes me think uk is way better even though corey says that has nothing to do with how it acts on paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta go with classic this time of the year in a southern humid climate. I'm in Houston and do quite a few coatings. As much as I love CQUK, it gets tacky very quick in higher heat and especially higher humidity situations. CQ classic is very easy to work with and yields exceptional results.

On the flip side, if you have a way to work in climate controlled environment, grab the U.K. And have some fun.

Since you're newer to coatings, buying the 50 ml bottle is probably the way to go and you may have a little left over to double coat the hood.

Best of luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to revive this thread. I'm having trouble with U.K. Leaving an oily residue after I removing the coating. It's a smear looking film or haze. I'm applying it in a 72*F climate controlled garage. Any tips? Is this normal? Also I'm seeing this under an led tripod light fwiw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JChastain View Post
    Sorry to revive this thread. I'm having trouble with U.K. Leaving an oily residue after I removing the coating. It's a smear looking film or haze. I'm applying it in a 72*F climate controlled garage. Any tips? Is this normal? Also I'm seeing this under an led tripod light fwiw.
    Sounds like you may not be giving it enough time to flash properly before wiping off the excess product, or possibly applying to much, or even possibly a combination of both. Read through this, it should help... https://carproforum.com/showthread.p...-Answered-Here
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel like if I don't apply the amount that i am, the applicator doesn't glide freely across the paint. It wants to grab

Post Thanks / Like
    I read that thread earlier dark horse. I guess I'm struggling on when i need to begin removing the coating. Also Im curious if the 10% IPA I'm using removed all of the polishing oils so it's not able to cure or bond correctly to the paint which is why I'm getting a light hazy looking film. The surface of the coating seems to level immediately. It's the very last bit that keeps smearing and won't come off. It might not show up in direct sun only under my led lighting. I don't know...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya, I'm not sure about the 10% IPA, I would use Eraser. If you don't have access to Erasser, you may try a stronger mix, possibly 50%.
    Tad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12