Thread: Anyone using a Dash cam?

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone using a Dash cam?

Howdy gang,

Looking to see if any of you use a dash cam. If so, I'm open to suggestions.

Steve
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

Post Thanks / Like
    I travel from Washington D.C. to Florida and back every other month. The amount of security I feel with having one while on the highways during those trips should anything go wrong is invaluable. My truck has a built in 4G hotspot that is used to upload the wifi feed from the front and rear cameras directly to the WD 6 TB My Cloud storage at home every 15 minutes along with my Iphone. So, yeah. Totally worth it should anything happen at all. http://www.amazon.com/Lukas-Lk-7950-...rhf_pe_p_img_2

Post Thanks / Like
    That's pretty cool! I've never used one but sounds like a great idea for those on the road a lot

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't, but I've read a lot of great things about BlackVue. It's pretty small and discrete too, mount it right up next to your rear view mirror. It's a little pricey, but would be well worth it in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the Blackview and it a pretty great product, but really pricey for a non wifi unit. The main feature that sold me on the Lukas was that the front and back cameras and the wireless dump feature.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Blackvue DR650 2CH and I can tell you it's worth every bit of $400. Think of it this way... It pays for itself in one accident (assuming your deductible is $500).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    That is one of the main reasons I decided to plunge in on a good dash cam. The rear camera on the Blackvue I had wasn't true HD and eventually went out altogether and since Blackvue only has a 30 day return policy so I decided to go with the Lukas and let me tell you all about parking and night vision mode. WOW!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, this is very true. Most of the truckers are using dash cam. I would like to say this as third eye. In most cases kids will sue heavy drivers unnecessarily. We can avoid such cases by having a dash cam. The previous vehicle that I worked has an onboard dashcam which saves the feed in a built in computer.