Thread: CarPro Automotive Masking Tape

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Automotive Masking Tape

Yes I know, this is not the most glamourous product to review but it is a product we all use (or should use) when polishing.
    This not going to be a "how-to" on taping off a vehicle but rater my experience using the CarPro Automotive Masking Tape.

"Carpro Automotive Masking Tape contours perfectly to curves and bodyline and is offered in 3 sizes (3/16", 1/2" and 1").
    Our masking tape provides excellent adhesion during use, yet pulls off clean with no residue when ready.
    Before you polish, mask the adjacent trim and make the most important step that much easier!
    CarPro Automotive Masking Tape provides excellent adhesion during use, yet pulls off clean with no residue when ready."

Features:

30% more tape per roll
    Doesn't leave residue
    Protects Trim
    Heat Resistant

Over the years we have all used some form of tape to protect paint edges and trim during the polishing steps.
    If you have ever used M105 (Yes, they suggested misting the compound for longer work time) you quickly learn.
    It is safer to tape off a vehicle rather than risk causing damage to thin paint, raised body lines, corners & edges.
    I started with available products including masking tape and moved on to painter's tape both in blue and green.

A simple trick I have learned is to lightly touch the tape to your clothing first to reduce the excess adhesive.
    IMPORTANT: Always remove the tape by pulling it back at a low angle. Do not remove tape by pulling it "up".

Now on to CarPro Automotive Masking Tape (red). If there's one thing I've learned it's removing the residue.
    This is where the Capro tape shines. I have had lots of trouble removing stubborn tape residue in the past.
    You know that gummy adhesive that requires every kind of spritz in your cabinet along with of hard rubbing.

Now that the prerequisite history lesson is over I'd like to state that the CP Tape removes with minimal residue.
    The 3/16" size is perfect for raised body lines corners and edges. I don't fret over that last 1/16" of edge swirls.

An example: Logos and emblems and excellent tape candidates.

the CP Auto tape is thin and is easily bends. This is another place is shines

I like to tape off emblems that are expensive or troublesome to replace.

All done. The emblem is safe and no residue.

BOTTOM LINE: If you want tape that applies easy, contours easy, removes easy and leaves minimal to no residue. CarPro Automotive Masking Tape is an excellent choice.

Now let's have a little fun! If you have pics of CarPro Automotive Masking Tape on a vehicle post 'em in this thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great post Mike, thanks for sharing it!!
    Tad

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to review and post. A sometimes forgotten essential tool in correcting/detailing.

When we paint here at home, my wife does the taping since she has the niche for it.

Steve
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review. I Will be sure to pick some up on my next order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IDA-CD
    Facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    The Carpro tape baked in the hot south Florida sun for seven hours before it was removed.

Nothing fit flat on this vehicle

Raised body lines at every seam

The 5/8" Rotary Extension, Flex 2" Rotary Backing Plate and 2" Lake Country Pads saved the day.

All Done

There was minor tape residue when the tape was removed. This was easily resolved with APC.
    Due to the fact that the paint was just polished I didn't want to use a microfiber towel on the edges.
    Instead I used the CarPro Plush Microfiber Gloves and APC. The gloves fit nice & tight on my hand.

...A little APC on the finger tip of the glove & I have precise control & no dragging towel.

Did I ever mention how much I like these gloves over those other bulky white mf gloves?
    I could do a complete review on just these gloves. Easy on, easy off and a nice tight fit.
    No bulky sections around your fingers & they feel comfortable & natural on your hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Now let's have a little fun! If you have pics of CarPro Automotive Masking Tape on a vehicle post 'em in this thread.