Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CarPro FORTE

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro FORTE

I have used CarPro Flyby30 in the past with great results. Only on windshields though. I have learned recently that FORTE is regarded by most as the best non-pro (can be purchased by the general public) coating for glass. I have a customer that is wanting it applied to ALL the windows on his Mustang to prevent water spots. I know a coating, especially one as good as FORTE, has to help with this, but I haven't seen any specifically saying they prevent water spots. I realize they mainly do their work to shed water when the vehicle is moving so I wanted to see what you guys thought/experienced. Do coatings for glass eliminate, reduce, or have no effect on water spot formation?

Post Thanks / Like
    A glass coating will help significantly with this. However if all the water is not sheeted off or removed from the glass, and it is allowed to dry in the sun, water spots are going to be possible. But removing them will be easier with Forte applied.
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DARK HORSE View Post
    A glass coating will help significantly with this. However if all the water is not sheeted off or removed from the glass, and it is allowed to dry in the sun, water spots are going to be possible. But removing them will be easier with Forte applied.

Thank you! Makes sense as no coating is "bullet proof". I'm anxious to try out FORTE.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be applying FORTE before we leave on vacation. We are leaving from Texas to North Carolina and we always get hit with some heavy rain.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had Forte on my CLA 45 for about 1 month now. So far so good. I have not driven in much rain yet however it did rain a bit today as i was driving around town. It seemed as though i needed to be driving over 70km/h for the water to start sliding up the windshield.

I found installation was straight forward, however i used to much product on the first windshield installation, I did 2 more windshields and used a lot less product. When some water is on the window, it comes off nicely with the windshield wipers. There is not blade chatterand no petroleum hue that flashes as per Rainex. So far i really like the product.
    Last edited by GoldenGg; 07-16-2016 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Spelling correction

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGg View Post
    I have had Forte on my CLA 45 for about 1 month now. So far so good. I have not driven in much rain yet however it did rain a bit today as i was driving around town. It seemed as though i needed to be driving over 70km/h for the water to start sliding up the windshield.

I found installation was straight forward, however i used to much product on the first windshield installation, I did 2 more windshields and used a lot less product. When some water is on the window, it comes off nicely with the windshield wipers. There is not blade chatterand no petroleum hue that flashes as per Rainex. So far i really like the product.
    Thanks for the feedback G! Keep us updated!

Post Thanks / Like
    I applied FORTE on my brand-new car (glass and wiper blades). After curing, I experienced wipers skipping badly.

I already tried to clean the blades carefully with Eraser several times, then applied Forte again. However, cannot solve the issue.

Can new wipers solve the issue?
    Can I polish the glass slightly to make it smoother without removing of the FORTE?

Please tell me your recommendations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgehl4 View Post
    I applied FORTE on my brand-new car (glass and wiper blades). After curing, I experienced wipers skipping badly.

I already tried to clean the blades carefully with Eraser several times, then applied Forte again. However, cannot solve the issue.

Can new wipers solve the issue?
    Can I polish the glass slightly to make it smoother without removing of the FORTE?

Please tell me your recommendations.
    Hello Bridgehl4,

I've never applied Forte to wiper blades, this may be your problem. When applying Forte, it is recommended to only clean the wiper blades thoroughly and (optionally wipe Reload on and off of them).
    Tad

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you DARK HORSE for your recommendation.

I will clean the wiper blades and break-in it under water hose for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by DARK HORSE View Post
    Hello Bridgehl4,

I've never applied Forte to wiper blades, this may be your problem. When applying Forte, it is recommended to only clean the wiper blades thoroughly and (optionally wipe Reload on and off of them).

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think you will be able to clean the Forte off the blades, you may need to replace them.
    Tad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast