Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CQUK Questions Answered Here

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a point of using Reflect as a finishing polish before applying CQUK. Could you do Essence after Reflect but before applying the coating?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SCarter71 View Post
    There was a point of using Reflect as a finishing polish before applying CQUK. Could you do Essence after Reflect but before applying the coating?
    Welcome to the forum. Essence contains the same abrasives that are found in Reflect. Just less of them giving Reflect the edge in cut. Essence on the other hand contains silica (SiO2) and semi permanent fillers. So you don't necessarily have to use both. The best way to determine which to use is by doing a test spot. Could you use them together? Sure you can but I still recommend a test spot.

3. Likes dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should I put Reload on after the coats of CQuartz or after a coat of Gliss?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SCarter71 View Post
    Should I put Reload on after the coats of CQuartz or after a coat of Gliss?
    After Gliss. You can hold off on Reload unless it’s going to be exposed to rain right away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice information in the sticky. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

I recently used CQUARTZ UK 3.0 with reload applied 1hr after. The car felt really slick after the application of reload. On the 8th day I gave the car a light wash using Reset. The car has now lost that slick feeling. You can tell there is a coating, the paint just feels “grabby”. The beading was excellent. I’m assuming Reload has been removed by the reset??

Is this possible?? I don’t have any reload left and was thinking of using Echo2 to get that slick feeling back ����

On a previous vehicle I used Optimum Gloss Coat with Duragloss Aquawax as a topper every wash. The car felt very slick / slippery. Which is what I was after.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys - I’m out of dLux and need to coat a new set of headlights. I do have some CQUK 3.0, how does it hold up compared to dLux on clear plastic?
    Northern Vermont

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wanted View Post
    Hi

I recently used CQUARTZ UK 3.0 with reload applied 1hr after. The car felt really slick after the application of reload. On the 8th day I gave the car a light wash using Reset. The car has now lost that slick feeling. You can tell there is a coating, the paint just feels “grabby”. The beading was excellent. I’m assuming Reload has been removed by the reset??

Is this possible?? I don’t have any reload left and was thinking of using Echo2 to get that slick feeling back ����

On a previous vehicle I used Optimum Gloss Coat with Duragloss Aquawax as a topper every wash. The car felt very slick / slippery. Which is what I was after.

Anthony
    Reset won't be strong enough to remove Reload. It just sounds like the residual oils from Reload have been washed off. It is still there.

You can use Ech2o as a detail spray so no worries there. I use it all the time. It will leave the surface slick but it is not going to last long as it does not leave protection behind but rather gloss enhancement. You could wait for the new Elixir detail spray when it is available.

Keep in mind that Duragloss product contains a wax and will mask the hydrophobic and self cleaning properties of the coating.

CQUK 3.0 is grabby by nature but it much less grabby than the previous formula.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post
    Hi guys - I’m out of dLux and need to coat a new set of headlights. I do have some CQUK 3.0, how does it hold up compared to dLux on clear plastic?
    Go ahead and use CQUK 3.0 on new headlights. You will be fine.

10. Thanks Ebg18t thanked this post
    Likes Ebg18t liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is the coverage rate estimates for CQuartz UK 3.0?

The specs say 15 ml per coat but this doesn't specify the size of the area coated!

I am considering to coat a 38 ft sport yacht but I need to be able to know how much product per coat I will need.

If I calculate the square footage (or square meters) of the area to be coated, how can I translate that into the amount of product I will need?

A rough estimate is that I have about 430 square feet of black fiberglass hull to coat (again, this is only a rough estimate).

Should I consider a different product than Cquartz UK 3.0 for a black fiberglass hull?

Thanks for any tips!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I mostly new to this... I've applied 1 coat of UK3.0 to my car, then a coat of RELOAD. Did I just screw up? I wanted to apply a second coat of UK 3.0 today. (one day later).

Please advise.
    Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast