Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CQUK Questions Answered Here

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    What is the coverage rate estimates for CQuartz UK 3.0?

The specs say 15 ml per coat but this doesn't specify the size of the area coated!

I am considering to coat a 38 ft sport yacht but I need to be able to know how much product per coat I will need.

If I calculate the square footage (or square meters) of the area to be coated, how can I translate that into the amount of product I will need?

A rough estimate is that I have about 430 square feet of black fiberglass hull to coat (again, this is only a rough estimate).

Should I consider a different product than Cquartz UK 3.0 for a black fiberglass hull?

Thanks for any tips!
    The 15ml per coat is for one coat to cover an average size car. You may want to purchase the largest bottle just to be safe that you have enough product. I have never coated a boat so hopefully someone else chimes in to post more feedback on that.

Quote Originally Posted by scblur View Post
    Hi,
    I mostly new to this... I've applied 1 coat of UK3.0 to my car, then a coat of RELOAD. Did I just screw up? I wanted to apply a second coat of UK 3.0 today. (one day later).

Please advise.
    Thanks
    Well unfortunately you have already applied Reload after the first coat. So in order to apply a second coat of CQUK 3.0, you would have to remove Reload. At this point just enjoy the work you have done. One coat is fine.

2. Thanks scblur thanked this post
    Likes scblur liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there. I have a couple questions,
    first: I read that it's not recommended to use cquartz uk on windshield? Why is that? I did it a year ago and i had no issue and held up really great.

about the Skin: I am a professional wrapper and do have IR heater. Sometimes I do roof or hood wraps and I like to do a layer of ceramic coat on it. If I wanted to do a 2nd layer I can wait 4 hrs or go right over if I use IR heater. The question is, How do I go with the ir heater? Just gotta warm up the surface to a set temp? Or i have to time it?

Since I am in florida we have a ton or rain and sometimes the applied ceramic coat does get rained on ( sometimes immediately, sometimes later that day) What would be the best product to protect the ceramic coating? If i am supposed to wait 1 hr before applying the said product can I also speed this up with the IR heater? Usually customers don't like to wait much and I can not afford to hold a couple hundred dollar job in my bay for half a day. Thanks for the answers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123