Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bad batch of reload?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    You are not the only one reporting this problem. There are many, many people reporting the same thing on Autogeek and Autopia forums. I hope Corey addresses this situation quickly. It is giving all Carpro products a bad name and I love most of their products. But as they say "one bad apple spoils the whole barrel". Thanks

Thanks for your concern rlmccarty2000,

Reasons that Reload might fail or not bead correctly:
    1. - The surface was not polished and Erasered correctly before use
    2. - Not enough product was applied
    3. - Fallout or some contaminate landed and affected it before it fully cured
    4. - Brake dust or some other fallout are on top of the Reload causing the surface tension to not allow beading
    5. - A batch of product was bad (IF that was the case all of the pros I work with would be screaming at me from the rooftops warning me) And none are... They are getting 3-9 months depending on environment

Solutions:
    1. - Prep: Iron X, Reflect, Eraser per my full list of tips
    2. - If already applied and not beading right: Iron X and then CarPro Reset. IF minerals have been allowed to dry on the surface then also spotless is needed

I wouldn't know what other stores are explaining to their customers on how to use it or get the most out of it BUT I sell a LOT of Reload and VERY rarely have a customer with an issue at which time I will try to help them resolve it and if we can't get it right then I refund them their money and provide them a product that ends up suiting them perfectly.

Please NOTE: This forum is owned by CarPro-US.com which is owned by Sky's the Limit Car Care (my company)and we do NOT sell product to AutoGeek or Autopia. Furthermore, not I or anyone on my staff is paid a single cent by CarPro. We are not their employees. Sky's the Limit Car Care, CarPro USA, and the volunteer moderators of this site help people because we like to do so. We work closely with CarPro in both R&D, Distributing, and operating their Professionals program in north america because we love their innovative products, Same reason why you see we the other product lines on my webstore. Those are the companies we feel offer our customers the best function, value, innovation, and originality.

Finally, IF you or anyone purchased a product you are not happy you most certainly WOULD contact the person that you paid your money to. It is then their responsibility to go to their distributor pr manufacturer with the situation. I will re-iterate, there is nobody here that works with AG or Autopia and I do not spend my time on their forums. That may sound one way but I assure you it is not. There is a face to this industry and their is reality and if you know reality then you understand the guys here and myself and anyone that works for or volunteers for Sky;s the Limit Car Care has the best interest of every one of our customers and will remove the shirts from our back for them. While we are THRILLED to help and advise the customer of OTHER companies on a daily basis (and we do) we are not able to refund them money. Hopefully I have fully explained this in a way that you will see.

Summary: If the tips I am about to share do not help you then contact the person you purchased it from because THEY have your money and should be happy to give it back if what they sold you is not serving you correctly. THEY can contact CarPro who they purchased it from if they feel it is a systematic issue. For me, I have not had to do so... Maybe 2 bottles or Reload in the past couple years that anyone has wanted to refund because the solutions I gave them didn't solve it for them.

Have a great weekend! I hope that helps!

Warmest Regards,
    Corey Carruth

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fdresq4 View Post
    Not in Sweden where I live, at least not from the authorized dealer. Importing from US is to expensive because of customs and taxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Why would you use a strong degreaser is my question. Wash it regularly with Reset and you will be in good shape. If for some reason Reload isn't working well in your environment then switch to Hydro2. Some products work great for some and not for others
    Reason is simple, that type of degreasers is the only ones that gets the car clean during fall and winter when they put salt on the roads and the car is full of tar spots and covered with a traffic film that Reset does not even touch. Tar-X also does a good job to clean the tar but it is way to expensive compared to the options.

In this case CQ and CQUK works great, Reload and Hydro2 does not. It's sad though, but not much to do for us consumers more than avoid them.

Certified CarPro Product "Guru" & Senior Member fdresq4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornw View Post
    Reason is simple, that type of degreasers is the only ones that gets the car clean during fall and winter when they put salt on the roads and the car is full of tar spots and covered with a traffic film that Reset does not even touch. Tar-X also does a good job to clean the tar but it is way to expensive compared to the options.

In this case CQ and CQUK works great, Reload and Hydro2 does not. It's sad though, but not much to do for us consumers more than avoid them.

Have you tried using a small amount of APC with ReSet? That's what works for me in the winter just fine in removing salt and winter contaminants via Foam Cannon..
    Steve

It's a Ruff life!

https://m.petfinder.com/ <<<<<<<<<<Save a homeless friend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Troy nailed it about pollen... Any coating or sealant will be affected if it is hit with pollen and moisture before it has time to cure. After a product as strong as Reload has cured it will withstand pollen and stuff better than traditional sealants and wax BUT it must be washed regularly. If let to fester on the surface day after day getting moist and then UV cycle after cycle it will affect all products if never washed.
    thanks for the answer Corey.

what is the cure time on reload before I expose it to elements?

also, should I let essence cure before I apply reload? if so what is the cure time on essence?

and while I'm at it, if I decide to use hydro2lite as a spray and wipe product? does that need to cure too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    thanks for the answer Corey.

what is the cure time on reload before I expose it to elements?

also, should I let essence cure before I apply reload? if so what is the cure time on essence?

and while I'm at it, if I decide to use hydro2lite as a spray and wipe product? does that need to cure too?
    Reload cure is a day but can be released to water within hours.

Yes. - cure essence an hour or longer before using reload

I would personally not use hydroLite as a QD. Reload diluted is better for that

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123